About this role
About this role
Brunel is currently searching for a Accountant to join our client’s team in Golconda, Nevada.
Our client is growing and is looking for a Sr. Accountant to join their team at their Turquoise Ridge mining operations.
- Prepare journal entries and assist with month-end close process, including quarterly financial audits and control testing.
- Prepare account reconciliations, review costs for completeness, and evaluate reasonableness of balances to research and proactively resolve errors or reconciling items.
- Prepare cost variance analyses and promote cost controls and efficiency in the business.
- Establish knowledge of IFRS and company accounting policies, procedures, internal control standards, and maintain compliance while performing responsibilities.
- Recognize and communicate potential issues to his/her team leader, as appropriate.
- Contribute ideas and actions towards the continuous improvement of processes within area of influence.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining strong, collaborative partnerships with finance customers.
- Gives and encourages feedback, contributes to building a positive team culture, and puts success of team above own interests.
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures and safety training requirements.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field required; Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA preferred
- Three (3) to six (6) years prior related experience preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills, understanding of accounting concepts, and comprehension of business-related implications required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required
- Ability to stay organized, efficient, analytical, and to pay close attention to detail required
- Excellent team player with the ability to work with Staff Accountants, Mine Sites, Executives, and other departments personnel/cross-functional teams required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to be self-motivated, flexible, and able to organize and respond to multiple demands and priorities required
- Prior implementation or working experience with implementation SAP applications preferred
- Exposure to the mining industry in a mining accounting function preferred
- MUST be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship, now or in the future.
What we can offer you:
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless with access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Our client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)