About this role
About this role
Joffre, AB x1
Sarnia, ON x2
Our client, a major operator with locations across Canada, are looking for energetic, self-motivated individuals to fill Buyer roles. These roles will support Turnaround activities at our Joffre, Alberta site as well as at the site near Sarnia Ontario. The environment is a very fast paced, high volume environment. The successful candidate will be looking for growth opportunities and be willing to take on new challenges in support of the team.
- Contacting vendors to obtain &/or verify price, part number, source of supply.
- Make delivery arrangements with carriers and vendors
- Creating purchase orders against date driven requirements and ensuring all pertinent information is obtained and verified with the vendor and end user.
- Releasing purchase orders against vendor agreements.
- Seeking/recording/updating material source of supply and information within the system to streamline future purchases
- Assisting with material information updates and changes
- Confirming purchase order and integrating with expediting to maintain on-time delivery
- Resolving discrepancies between purchase orders and vendor invoices
- Following up on non-conformance of materials and deliveries with end user and/or vendor and identifying trends or patterns
- Qualifying Contractors for onsite labor prior to Purchase Order creation (ISN working knowledge an asset)
- Maintaining Vendor base for timely and accurate supply alignment
- University graduate with 2 years related experience or Business Diploma with 3 - 5 years’ experience, or more than 5 years of directly related experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly to customers at all levels in the company.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- High level of proficiency in the use of a computer including the Microsoft office suite and SAP, SAP Ariba. SAP material management or plant maintenance areas considered an asset.
- Ability to work unsupervised, meet deadlines and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to work under pressure of changing priorities.
What We Offer:
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Jen Folkes via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto