About this role
About this role
We’re hiring a Category Advisor – Drilling & Completion for our client to join their leading and growing team. This is an exciting 15-month contract opportunity to develop and execute innovative, strategic sourcing strategies and contracts across the organization.
- Develop and execute enterprise wide category strategies by leading cross functional teams through category management process based on an agreed-upon category wave plan and other business strategies approved by management, that may or may not be part of the wave plan.
- Establish category delivery plans, cross functional teams with clear roles and responsibilities and robust stakeholder management strategies.
- Lead the spend analysis and segmentation of categories based on spend and long-term demand including any significant organization or market changes to jointly identify opportunities gaining business and management commitment through the development of business cases.
- Ensure category management processes are implemented and maintained from conception to close-out, in accordance with Supply Chain Management policy, Operational Integrity Management Systems (HOIMS), the Governance and Enablement Group and all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Lead category or categories’ scorecard to measure performance and identify opportunities in accordance with Supply Chain Management policy, Operational Integrity Management Systems (HOIMS) and the Governance and Enablement Group.
- Develop, maintain and enhance the approach to the supply market analyzing current and future market activities, trends and identifying sourcing opportunities within the category with support from the Category Business Analysts.
- Manage the development and approval of sourcing strategies, taking into consideration both strategic and tactical levers through the application of appropriate sourcing tools and optimizing supplier relationships within the categories.
- Manage overall sourcing process including RFX development and completion through the use of available technologies. Where appropriate utilize alternative sourcing methods, for example, reverse auctions.
- Lead the development and negotiation of contracts, focusing of realizing the performance expectations of the strategy while managing appropriate risk allocation, acceptable terms and conditions and correct schedule utilization Manage the evaluation of RFX responses against a set of pre-defined criteria, including management of cross functional stakeholder groups preparing recommendations for award of contract. Apply total cost of ownership (TCO) methodology/methodologies.
- Manage business stakeholder relationships across the organization in order to achieve buy-in and support for establishing KPI targets, objectives and strategies.
- Identify overall value opportunities within the category strategy including operational, structural, process and technology changes to realize benefits working with business stakeholders to initiate additional projects to realize these benefits.
- Manage overall transition from current strategy to the new strategy working with Category Specialists and stakeholders to manage risks and change over plans minimizing business impact.
- Ensure all SCM process, contracting documentation and master data changes are coordinated within the function, collaborating closely with all functions within Supply Chain Management
- Responsible for categories that are between $5MM to $100MM per category/project
- Dealing with a multi-regional view and vendors that are multinationals
- Accountability for the management of supplier performance and relationship aspects
- Work closely with the Business Units, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Responsible for utilizing expertise in the areas of:
(1) Scope Segmentation
(2) Demand Planning and Forecasting
(3) Market Analysis,
(4) Sourcing Options Selection
(5) Tendering and Market Test
(6) Negotiations and Contract Award
(7) Supplier Performance Management
(8) Materials Management and
(9) Application of Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Must possess particularly strong collaboration and forward-thinking skills
- Effective communicator
- Adept at ensuring appropriate messaging of key corporate requirements
- Attune to the sensitivities and demands of the customer
- Capable of leading and/or mentoring others in numerous departmental wide initiatives
- Delivering against tight timelines and challenging targets
- Ensuring workload balance is satisfied on the teams
- An ability to influence and identify common ground solutions across departmental and business unit boundaries will be key to success for this position
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)