About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 24 October 2021
About this role
About this role
On behalf of our client, a High Profile Global Oil & Gas Group, Brunel has an exciting 12 month contract opportunity for a Civil / Structural Engineer in the BWI Project Team responsible for the Engineering and Design deliverables through the execution phase.
- Responsible for the Civil/Structural engineering progress and quality for contractors and vendors
- Undertake Civil/Structural technical review of vendor / contractor document submissions to ensure compliance to Project Specification/Australian Codes/Industry Standards
- Review of vendor/contractor execution support deliverables, including lifting plans
- Provides guidance to contractor Civil/Structural discipline leads and designers on Basis of Design, Scope of Work and Operations expectations
- Ensure appropriate engagement and alignment with the other disciplines in the Project Team
- Interface with the electrical discipline to ensure Civil design meets electrical requirements
- Undertake periodic site visits to BWI facilities to conduct surveys in support of the works
- Civil/Structural Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience with Oil & Gas or similar, industry including onshore facilities required
- Previous work experience in projects detail design engineering/construction phase highly regarded
- Proficient in Brown field project execution on operating Oil & Gas facilities
- Experience in the application of Australian and International Codes and Standards
- Familiar with structural analysis software
- Proficiency in the use of Bentley STAAD, Pro and SACS software is beneficial
- Previous experience in PDMS/3-D Design Model review literate
- Familiar with designing Building and Equipment Foundations / designing drainage, earthworks and roads / designing pipe, cable tray, and HV cable supports / designing Bus duct and HVAC duct steelwork support structures including footings
- Competent general computing skills and familiarity with MS Office Suite required
- Confident interpersonal, written and verbal (English language) communications skills are essential
- Creative, pragmatic, open-minded thinking and 'can-do' attitude are required to facilitate solutions
- Excellent day rate!
- 12-month contract duration!
- High Profile Global Oil & Gas Group
Brunel is a Recruitment and Flexible Workforce Solution Provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)