About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Victoria
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
About this role
About this role
Seeking a Contracts
Advisor to work in Altona, VIC. This will be for a contract lasting 2+ Years.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnered with our client who is a global leading natural oil and gas producer. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture, in on and offshore environments.
The Contracts Advisor supports or leads the implementation of project contracting. This may include strategy and planning work during early project development phases, contractor qualification, leading and managing commercial aspects of Pre-front end engineering design (FEED) / FEED / Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract development process, assisting in contractor evaluation, selection, and award recommendation, ensuring execution and administration of high quality prime contracts, and coordinating interfaces post-contract award for the project through contract close-out.This role is to work between client Procurement Function and Operational roles to establish and administer large integrated maintenance contracts.
- Manages process, produces deliverables, and updates tools to support development of project contracting strategy, contractor qualification, bid slates, tender, and evaluate proposals
- Develops detailed Contracting Plan(s) consistent with overall Contracting Strategy
- Develops Invitation to Tender (ITT) packages consistent with responsibility matrix
- Maintains database of all correspondence to ensure all questions and clarifications have been properly documented and issues agreed to are reflected in final proposals
- Leads or supports negotiations of any contested contractual terms and conditions
- Conforms all contract documents consistent with selected bidder's proposal, subsequent clarifications and final negotiations
- Obtains final functional review/endorsement of contract documents, as required (e.g., Law, Audit, Controllers, etc.), as well as required endorsements
- Provides pricing / other commercial analysis to Project Team (PT) for development of contract award recommendation
- Assists PT in obtaining contract award endorsements/approvals from Sr. Management and other stakeholders
- Develops and maintains final contract files (all components), as required
- Develops and leads internal kick-off meeting(s) with Company personnel to ensure contract awareness, reviews contract terms and conditions, change order process, and claims avoidance
- Develops materials for external kick-off meetings with Company and Contractor personnel to review key parts of the contract (e.g. Principal Document, Coordination Procedure, change order process, etc.)Leads or supports Contract Administration, including working with project and business managers in aligning on contract administration responsibilities
- Reviews and comments on Contractor’s contracting and subcontracting plans, procedures, processes, and deliverables to ensure compliance with Company's requirements
- Expedites and files Contractor commercial documents (e.g., insurance certificates, Parent Company Guarantees, LOCs, etc.), and files original Bank Guarantees/LOCs per agreed processes
- Reviews and updates project file system / procedures and Master Document Register
- Reviews, updates, and coordinates PT contractual correspondence procedures / communications, including any notices associated with the contract (PT Document Distribution matrix)Develops and monitors approval process and compliance with invoicing and payment process
- Coordinates change control process, including: amendments, change notices, change orders and other contract changes (e.g., Management of Change (MOC) process, Change Order log, Deviation log)Oversees Contractor’s subcontracting activities, coordinate PT engagement in Company review / approval of individual subcontracting plans, and subcontract development activities from qualification through award / execution
- Advises project team of contract administration and subcontracting issues, and steps being taken to mitigate consequences
- Measures contractor performance and provides feedback through project and functional management
- Captures and communicates contract administration and subcontracting company's lessons learned for project
- Develops the Contract Close Out Plan (part of Project Close Out Plan)Establishes a close-out agreement with Contractor (settlement of any outstanding items)
- 5+ years experience in Contracts Engineering / Administration preferred
- BS in Engineering preferred
- Broad understanding of project execution and contracting principles, theories, and concepts
- Experienced in commercial negotiations, contractor management and contract administration
- Willing to business travel or relocate to project sites (domestic / overseas)
- Owner/Operator experience in project management roles preferred
- This is a job level 1 position: 1 to 10 years of related experience is required
- Contracted until Dec 2022
- Altona Based
- Daily rate (8hr)
- Mon-Fri 8AM to 5PM
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)