About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Hyderabad
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 24 October 2021
About this role
About this role
We’re hiring for Data Engineer, for a leading MNC to join their growing team. This position is based out in Mumbai.
- Help to lead major efforts around building a data ecosystem that is robust, fast, and scalable;
- Deploy and manage data platforms and data movement solutions in cloud;
- Partner with agile data development teams and use DevOps methodologies to create automated, efficient CI/CD processes to reduce the time to;
- promote, test and deploy code;
- Partner with Information Security professionals to ensure data is secure both at-rest and in-flight;
- Develop, test, deploy and maintain efficient reusable patterns of streaming and batch data ingestion pipeline architectures;
- Evaluate vendor-supplied software and deploy them as needed for data ingestion use cases;
- Integrate data platforms to leverage efficiencies and automation within the stack;
- Document and maintain key architecture and coding standards for supported platforms;
- Act as first line support for data platforms to maintain peak operating efficiency and ensure maximum uptime;
- Ensure data platforms remain current to take advantage of the latest features and support;
- Communicate status of assigned work to management and follows agile practices and procedures covered by precedents, standards, or policies;
- Seek guidance when direction is needed and speak up about technology risks identified and own addressing them with the team;
- Influence peers on the team with questions and insight;
- Leverage agile strategies to understand and solve problems while collaborating on technical decisions;
- Be open to learn, train and develop as a team.
- Extensive experience in the deployment of data platforms and tools in a cloud environment;
- Experience working with cloud provider tools and architecture (AWS);
- Experience using scripting languages such as bash, PowerShell, SQL;
- Experience using Python, Spark, and PySpark;
- Experience in development and maintenance of data lake, data warehousing, and data architecture;
- Experience with designing data ingestion solutions from a wide range of data sources and connections like OSIsoft PI, PostgreSQL, Timescale;
- SaaS API connections, file transfer, batch processing, real-time streaming, and Change Data Capture;
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate system designs and patterns to varying levels of leadership;
- Preferred to have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field;
- An equivalent of the same in working experience is also accepted for the position;
- Experience: 3+ years in IS development and 1+ years managing and supporting cloud data platforms.
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with over 10,000 employees in 104 offices across 35 countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major Operating companies and EPC contractors;
Today, we’ve grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of € 885 million, and we’re listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Siva Krishna Prasad Megam via the details below, quoting publication number:
Siva Krishna Prasad Megam
Brunel Energy India Mumbai