About this role
About this role
We’re hiring a Development Manager to work with our client, a company with experience in the development, manufacturing, packaging and delivery of medical isotopes and radiopharmaceuticals close to Ottawa, ON. This is a permanent role with our client, relocation is necessary.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Process Engineering, the Development Manager will lead a group of Engineers and Technicians. The Development Manager responsibilities include the execution of projects that establish new company products in the Medical Isotopes market, interacting with key customers and partners, setting team goals and objectives, reviewing and managing performance, and completing internal strategic planning.
- Manages experiments or tests with outcomes that have a high degree of uncertainty. Leads teams to design, build, and test prototypes of high novelty equipment or processes.
- Ensures that project objectives are met by developing specification, analyzing project data, completing and reviewing calculations, and interpreting data.
- Manages/administrates a functional group of Engineers and Technicians.
- Deals with functional employee performance issues
- Liaises with Human Resources on employee or bargaining unit issues
- Liaises with Project Leaders to ensure that projects are adequately staffed. In addition, the manager will lead resolution related to technical issues, scheduling conflicts, and conflicting project requirements.
- Liaise with Director of Development and Process Engineering and other Managers and Project Leaders to successfully promote mandate of group.
- Leading and advising engineers and technicians to meet project requirements.
- Exercises cost responsibility for the assigned project and works to achieve product cost objectives.
- Provides technical assistance and input to Marketing Team, Manufacturing Support, and Operations.
- Represent the Company on committees, boards, panels and/or commissions
- Monitors and reports project progress and provides solution alternatives for reported problems
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 10 years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the nuclear medicine field.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects related to Medical Device or Final Drug Product development and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience working with heath and nuclear regulators including but not limited to; Heath Canada, the CNSC, the US FDA, and the US DOE.
- Must understand current good manufacturing practices, and be able to apply those practices to the projects they lead.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, people, and managerial skills to appropriately lead people, and manage company financial resources.
- A capacity to understand, interpret, and explain complex technical systems or phenomena.
- A capacity to construct, edit, and review written technical documentation.
- A detailed knowledge and experience in one or more pertinent disciplines or sub-disciplines and must have a general appreciation for and understanding of other specialties and disciplines.
- Must be capable of working cooperatively with peer managers, direct reports and/or project team members.
- Must be resourceful creative and reliable.
- Must be fiscally responsible.
- Must develop a strong knowledge of and appreciation for Company culture, operating policies and procedures and practices.
- Must demonstrate personal qualities of initiative and set appropriate standards of technical performance such that the project staff is motivated to meet or exceed project requirements.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and motivate.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
About BrunelBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Monnatha Grego via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary