About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Crescent Valley
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 25 October 2021
About this role
About this role
Brunel is currently searching for a Dewatering Engineer for our client located in Crescent Valley, Nevada.
- Execution of some aspects of small and medium sized projects, including planning, justification, engineering, design
- Forecasting of project costs
- Assist in providing design input to engineering consultants
- Assist in coordinating efforts internally during planning, design, construction, and commissioning of wells
- Initiate regular communication with operations, environmental, safety, project sponsor and stakeholders
- Assist in procurement of equipment, supplies, and contracts
- Ensure projects are designed and constructed with safety being the highest priority
- Provide input into the Annual Environmental Report which goes to the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (NDEP)
- Produce the Cortez Annual Presentation to the State of Nevada Division of Water Resources
- Pump sizing for booster and downhole pumps, sizing of transformers, and sizing and design of pipelines
- Report on the data to management
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience in pump system design
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Mining, Electrical Engineering or related engineering degree preferred
- Project Management knowledge is preferred
- Knowledge in large diameter borehole drilling is preferred
- Experience with managing contractor and contract management is preferred
- Competency in MS Office is required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required, along with proficiency in Pipe-Flo is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment is required
- A comprehensive compensation package with base salary plus annual bonus.
- A competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues are endless with access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Our client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Our client operates a massive mining operation and has created the single largest gold-producing complex in the world.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)