About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- Hours per week: 60
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Friday, 22 October 2021
About this role
About this role
On behalf of our client, a High Profile Oilfield Service Company, Brunel are seeking qualified Directional Drillers for ongoing contract work.
- Provides on site supervision of the Directional Drilling (DD) process including projection of well path to predetermined target coordinates
- Proficient in the use of DD computer software and able to assist in provision of advice and analysis to the client representative at the well site. This shall include all survey calculations and well path projections. Proficient in updating well profile plots and providing client representative with accurate directional survey data.
- Assists in the completion of a daily DD report. Assists in the completion of all service tickets and relevant paperwork (well data spreadsheet, lesson learned/best practice, end of job customer survey and key performance indicator (KPI) (forms).
- Maintains records of all DD equipment at well site including dimensional data and condition. Ensure that all equipment is laid out after use in accordance with company procedures and manifested for backload at the end of the job.
- Assists in the evaluation of individual, performance levels of onsite DD personnel.
- Understands principles of Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) selection and aspects of DD performance and ensures that BHA’s are assembled as planned including correct make-up torque, doping and handling.
- Aware of client’s requirements with regards to surveying procedures.
- Assists in the inspection of all company equipment for use in the DD portion of the work when delivered in the work site.
- Interfaces with the MWD engineer to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct toolface references are applied.
- Australian working rights
- 2+ years directional drilling experience in oil & gas
- Rotary steering experience
- High Profile Global Oil & Gas client!
- ASAP start
- Ongoing contract work
- Potential for temp to perm
- Great day rates $750-$950 dependent upon experience
About BrunelBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)