About this job
- Industry: Medical devices
- Area of expertise: Medical
- Location: United States
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master +
- Closing date: Friday, 4 February 2022
About this role: Director Medical Affairs
About this role: Director Medical Affairs
We’re hiring a Director of Medical Affairs for our client, an international medical devices company. The Director of Medical Affairs builds and maintains the operational infrastructure and manages business and functional operations across the medical affairs organization. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, this role leads the overall activities of Medical Affairs, including Integrated Medical Planning, Evidence Generation, Scientific Exchange, and Publication activities. As a part of the Core Teams, the role interacts with the key commercial, regulatory, R&D and operations functions.
- Lead business and operational planning across the medical affairs function, provide oversight and execution of key medical activities and related processes, including Medical Information, Medical Communications and Publication planning, Grants and Medical Education.
- Review and evaluate business procedures, processes, and resources to ensure efficient and effective medical affairs operations.
- Effectively manage Medical Affairs processes such as Grants and Medical Education, Promotional and medical material review and approval, medical device safety process, IIS process, medical vendor management, medical customer engagement process, publication and scientific conference planning and management, medical information, and external communication, etc.
- Develop medical content as well as policies and procedures and implement a process for storing and managing it, ensuring high level of operational efficiency and compliance with external rules and regulations and internal standards.
- Develop collaborative working relationships across the organization to effectively manage cross-functionally.
- Build and lead the US medical team.
- Develop and support a network of scientific experts and medical key opinion leaders.
- Support scientific collaboration with external stakeholders, IIRs (investigator-initiated research) and collaborative research.
- Provide medical and scientific training and/or support to other team members across all company functions (commercial, market access, marketing etc.).
- Facilitate and review clinical studies to develop and validate cutting edge medical products.
- Track Medical Affairs performance vs. goals using a set of key performance indicators.
- Ensure close oversite of financial performance of medical activities vs. budget and ensure timely and appropriate budgets adjustments and forecasting. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) – (advantage), Pharm D, PHD.
- 12-15 years of Medical Affairs Experience, required; preferably in medical device/pharma.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency with dashboard management, tracking and reporting on functional deliverables, and compliance tracking, required.
- 6 years management experience, with a minimum of five direct reports, required.
- Experience in clinical trial design, execution, and data analysis, based on deep Good Clinical Practice knowledge, preferred.
- Advance knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, required.
- Advanced knowledge of respiratory research including health economics outcome research, required.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and project execution skills, with an aptitude for details, and an ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Wide operational range – the ability to integrate high-level and hands-on work.
- Proven experience in the development and execution of clinical study protocols, ideally with respiratory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing networks at the academia level to support educational initiatives.
- Outstanding problem solving, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical reporting, including manual and electronic data capture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, fluency in additional languages is a plus.
- Excellent team member with a strong willingness and ability to work cross functionally across projects at different stages of development in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to manage conflict, drive consensus, and promote decision-making.
- Anticipates business and industry issues; recommends relevant process / technical / service improvements.
- Considered an expert within the company and may have external presence in area of expertise.
- Applies in-depth expertise in discipline and broad knowledge of other closely related areas to improve efficiency of team.
- Good leadership, mentoring skills and abilities typically leads lower levels and/or indirect teams.
- Sees broader picture and longer-term impact on division/company.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Connecting Specialists to Pioneering Projects
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Chris Kapusta via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary