About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- Hours per week: 70
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 30 October 2021
About this role
About this role
Seeking an experienced Drilling Fluids Engineer for ongoing contract work onshore New Zealand!
Brunel is partnering with a multinational oilfield services company, to provide exceptional field engineers and technicians for projects across Australia!
- Under general supervision, provides well site service to customers.
- Applies content learned through the formal training program in fluids chemistry, volume and hydraulics calculations, routine and specialized testing, separation equipment theory and application, and well site service delivery.
- Works directly with both fluids and equipment supervisors and technical professionals.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of company products and services, rig operations, and fluids, separation, and waste management technologies and related processes.
- Performs in a professional manner as a company representative, maintaining good working relationship with operator's representative and rig personnel.
- Conducts and interprets results of routine and specialized testing in order to provide technical solutions.
- Conducts the operation of some separation and waste management equipment and demonstrates understanding of how they affect overall fluid performance.
- Demonstrates advanced ability to adequately prepare and track inventory of palletized and bulk products and equipment spares at the rig site based on the drilling program and anticipated conditions.
- Demonstrates advanced ability to operate, maintain and optimize equipment including testing, separation, and waste management equipment. Complies with health, safety and environment regulations in all aspects of job performance. Mentors and helps in the development of junior employees.
- NZ working rights and residing in country
- 10 years+ experience in fluids and separation equipment
- Geothermal exp preferred
- OBM/SBM mud
- High Profile Global Oil & Gas client!
- ASAP start
- Ongoing contract work
- Even time roster (2 or 3 week rotational)
- Potential for temp to perm
- Great day rates NZ$800-$850/day dependent upon experience
About BrunelBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)