About this role
About this role
We’re hiring for a full time perm Electrical Engineer for a Medical Device Company in San Jose California.
Reporting to the manager, Hardware Engineering, the Electrical Engineer will be based in the San Jose office and will be working on guiding and executing electrical design and specification activities through all phases of the product development process. (Design to manufacturing transfer). This position will also
provide robust, cost-effective electrical engineering solutions for medical products and equipmentdesigned by the product development team for customers globally. The candidate will be a self-starting
engineer and feel comfortable in a dynamic agile working environment.
• Introduce new electronics design tools, including software applications and test equipment.• Break down concepts and large/complex problems while meeting project timelines and goals.
• Troubleshoot root cause electrical issues and provide technical support.• Work with Quality Department to author, organize, occasionally execute, and direct testing procedures to ensure compliance with design specifications and lifecycle requirements.
• Make technical presentations to the R&D department as required.• Write/update/edit SOPs to standardize the product design process.
• Write new production test procedures to ensure FDA compliance.• Performa basic technical project management functions including communicating with internal personnel including design, mechanical, software, and electrical engineering, quality, regulatory, and operations. External communication includes contract manufacturers, suppliers, and customers at a technical level
• 3+ years’ of relevant industry experience designing mechanical parts.• Medical device experience is an asset as is robotics experience.
• Possess a solid background in the design, manufacturing and sourcing of electrical components and ability to debug intricate medical systems.• Ability to prototype, simulate, debug, and test circuits is required.
• PCB design and layout experience.• Experience with both high and low power electronics.
• Experience integrating and controlling actuators (eg. DC motors, illumination, valves, laser pumping).• Experience integrating sensors (eg. cameras, pressure/vacuum, touch, encoders, optos).
• Experience working with microcontrollers.• Knowledge of IEC/UL-60601 and related standards is beneficial.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals and to work in a fast paced, high quality, iterative projects.• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
About BrunelAbout UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Sabrina Morris via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary