About this role
About this role
Brunel have partnered with an innovative electrical contracting company specialising in industrial energy solutions for the Energy & Resources industry, to successfully recruit and place a suitably qualified Electrical Estimator.
This is a permanent position based in Canning Vale (potentially with some ad hoc site work from time to time). The role will provide project estimations for brownfields electrical projects, predominately in the iron ore space.
- Compiling tender estimates utilising first principle estimating techniques.
- Development of estimates and budgets for all works associated with company projects.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, new design and construction technologies.
- Liaison with suppliers and sub-contractors for pricing and products for tender submissions.
- Preparing of tender submissions and ensuring submission dates are met.
- Ensuring quality, safety and environmental requirements are accommodated for in tender submissions.
- Undertaking tender review meetings.
- Conducting site inspections and contract negotiations.
- Issuing requests for quotations for tenders.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Electrical Estimator in the resources or construction industries.
- An Electrical trade qualification or relevant university qualification.
- Commercial negotiation experience and knowledge of contracts.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Initiative and ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Experience with WINSET, Expert Estimator or similar estimating tools (desirable).
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (desirable).
- Experience with Brownfields electrical projects (desirable).
- Knowledge and established network of relevant sub-contractors and vendors (desirable).
• A chance to be truly innovative
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)