About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Monday, 31 January 2022
About this role: Electrical Supervisor
About this role: Electrical Supervisor
Brunel have partnered with a leading International OEM to successfully recruit and place a suitably qualified Electrical Supervisor to support our Client’s team in Henderson in a permanent full-time position.
This position is accountable to lead and assume responsibility for electrical site service projects, from its start through to completion, ensuring that the services are performed safely, within budget, time schedule and to specifications whilst maintaining good relations with the Client. Based in Henderson, WA and may be required to work and/or be based at other sites as determined by the organisation.
- Supervise and coordinate all aspects of the electrical installation works for services shutdowns. These objectives may cover activities in any or all of the phases from design through fabrication, site erection, commissioning and the defects liability period.
- To ensure compliance with Company Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure work conducted complies with work scope/instructions provided.
- To encourage teamwork and ensure work is conducted in a safe environment and in a responsible manner.
- To ensure documentation for Work in Progress is available prior to Commencement of work on job/task.
- To ensure personnel are allocated jobs/tasks at the commencement of the working shift.
- Liaise with the Client on any project matters as requested by management.
- Arrange for the preparation and issue of all assigned procurement and subcontract enquires to allow the timely placement of such orders for all items to meet the project schedule requirements.
- To coordinate the electrical installation activities with all relevant personnel and departments and to ensure that safe site access is optimised with other trades.
- To schedule electrical installation activities to minimise costs and optimize completion dates by assessing and evaluating the adequacy of manpower, tooling and equipment resources and adjusting the same, to meet all project requirements.
- To monitor and report on progress of the electrical installation and to highlight deficiencies that impact on the program on a weekly or as required basis to ensure future improvement.
- To monitor, document and report any contractual issues or variations, with either the Client or subcontractors, which cannot be readily resolved or involves delays to the program and/or the Company expenditure.
- Procure installation equipment and materials in accordance with the Company Quality and Procurement Procedures.
- To monitor, document and report with respect to site expenditure for each shutdown.
- To liaise, as necessary, with other services personnel including design, administration, site management and commissioning personnel to coordinate activities and clarify technical queries.
- Ensure that plant and equipment is maintained in a safe and serviceable condition.
- Ensure that plant and equipment is returned to the warehouse when not in use.
- Ensure that correct job numbers and cost codes are provided to personnel for recording purposes.
- To ensure job/task requirements are identified and understood by personnel allocated the job/task.
- To work in a team environment to enhance productivity, quality and safety in both the management and workface areas.
- Ensure that personnel under your control are punctual, adequately informed of allocated job/task requirements and comply with Company and Client policies and procedures and statutory requirements.
- Recommend disciplinary action to the relevant Services Manager and discipline personnel as agreed.
- Be involved in job interviews for new applicants as required.
- To ensure all of the works are carried out in accordance with the requirements of the applicable Specifications, Standards, Codes and Regulations, and the relevant Mines Regulations Act.
- To witness, survey or record, as necessary, fitment of components, compliance with drawings, specifications or standards of the works and of workmanship carried out on site by the subcontractors engaged by the Company.
- To ensure that subcontractors are maintaining QA/QC records, where such functions have been assigned under the subcontract.
- Assist with Quality audits.
- Any other task as identified and instructed by the line manager.
- Formal trade or tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering and / or relevant experience
- WA Electrical License
- Safety Leadership for Supervisors Certificate
- Section 44
- Previous Supervisory experience
- Ability to travel when required.
- Ability to work safely and in accordance with company policies, and any statutory requirements.
- Intermediate Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Database Management.
- Good interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Good organisation skills and the ability to manage priorities
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Connecting Specialists to Pioneering Projects
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)