About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Canada
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 14 October 2021
About this role
About this role
We’re hiring for a full time perm experienced Environmental Specialist for an Earth Services Company. This is an intermediate/Senior level role. 70% of this role involves reclamation and 25% restoration. The team is the RRM Team (Reclamation, Remediation and Risk Management Division). Open to candidates in Medicine Hat, Swift Current, and Kindersley and possibility of Saskatoon.
You will be supported by the entire organization which consists of a dynamic team of Professional Engineers, Geologists, Biologists, Chemists and Agrologists, technical administrators, business development and health and safety professionals, and an in-house IT department.
• Technical oversight and input on a variety of reclamation site assessments, wellsite, facility, and pipeline surface reclamation projects (which may involve surface abandonment)• Project planning, coordination and management
• Supervision of field and office staff as required• Data interpretation, analysis and reporting
• Budget preparation and control • Maintenance of client relationships
• Regulatory and third-party stakeholder interactions• Participation in company and client specific health and safety programs
• Extensive experience in Native Grassland Reclamation and Assessments required• Five to ten years of consulting or industry experience in environmental site assessment and reclamation
• Registration, or eligibility for registration, with a relevant professional organization (e.g. APEGA, APEGS, AIA, SIA, ASPB) • Professional designation or potential to obtain professional designation from a professional association in Alberta and Saskatchewan (e.g. APEGA, APEGS, AIA, SIA, ASPB)
• Proficient with Alberta and Saskatchewan regulations and guidelines related to surface reclamation • Familiarity with Saskatchewan and Alberta reclamation guidelines and best practices
• Strong analytical and technical writing skills• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary project team environment
• Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail• Ability to take initiative and ownership and work independently
• Excellent multitasking and problem-solving skills • Experience conducting environmental liability assessments in accordance with the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) Liability Management Program is an asset
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Sabrina Morris via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary