About this role
About this role
Brunel are seeking a qualified Fitter Machinist for a Darwin-based role with high-profile global resources company. This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for a Trade Qualified Machinist wishing to enhanced their career! The role is open to candidates who are Residential only.
- To carry out fitting and manual machining work as directed by the Manager or Team Leader including general fitting of valves gearboxes and actuators and turning/milling/grinding of various materials
- Understands the setup and the operation of the machines which involves reviewing drawings, verifying speeds and feeds for tooling to produce high quality parts
- Works as part of a team, contributing to success with ideas and ingenuity to solve problems both effectively and safely
- Complete all job-related paperwork to a high standard ensuring details are recorded correctly and photos are taken when required
- Assist the production team in achieving company targets for monthly output, production profit and on-time delivery, thus meeting budget and customer delivery requirements
- Assists in the continual improvement of production efficiency, improvement in lead times, and reduction of waste and cost control
- Ensure thorough documentation is in place, allowing for trace-ability and certification for all machining and modifications carried out to any customer product
- Ensure that all work has been completed, inspected and signed off before passing on to the next operation
- Assists in ensuring equipment and workshop area remains a clean and safe working environment with input into the company performance against the annual HSE plan
- Hold a Fitter Machinist Trade qualification
- Minimum 5 years' experience as Fitter Machinist (or in the mechanical industry)Possesses strong fitting skills - ability to learn on the job and work proficiently on valves gearboxes and actuators
- Strong mechanical aptitude to resolve problem issues quickly and effectively and can apply knowledge to a wide range of equipment
- Experience with overhead gantry crane
- Forklift licence is an advantage
- Prior working knowledge of valves and associated equipment an advantage
- Ability to read technical drawings/specifications
- A sound knowledge of the appropriate speeds and feeds for materials and tools for machining
- Ability to use measuring tools i.e. micrometers, verniers and gauges
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas industry standards
- Understanding of HSE requirements
- This is a fantastic Permanent Job Opportunity for a skilled Fitter Machinist who resides locally in Darwin
- Enhance your career with this Global High Profile Oil & Gas Service Provider
- Monday - Friday
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)