About this role
About this role
We’re hiring a Health Coordinator for our oil and gas client to join their leading and growing team. This is an exciting one-year contract opportunity to provide site support to Contractors and Owner teams on regulatory and project health compliance requirements including but not limited to COVID and mental health.
- Functional (program, technical support and coaching) reporting to the Plant HSSE Manager, this position is the focal for any site-specific Health Program implementation.
- Supporting the team with awareness of and maintaining compliance to the project's health commitments.
- Accountability for the management of consistent implementation of Health program and processes
- Establishing strong working relationships with main Contractor and sub-tier Contractors in support of plant construction.
- Overseeing health activities and ensuring that project deliverables are proceeding according to plan.
- Providing technical input and subject matter expertise (SME) with respect to the Health program.
- Accountable for monitoring, reporting of compliance and assurance against HSSE objectives/targets as well as Performance Monitoring and Reporting (PMR) requirements.
- Effectively plan, organize, communicate, and monitor progress on tasks and projects as they relate to health.
- Overseeing and providing input in contractor and subcontractor’s Health Risk Assessment (HRA), including application.
- Ensuring that the health-related records and documentation is maintained and developing processes for ensuring that contractors comply with project agreed record retention requirements.
- Developing the health audit processes aimed at monitoring compliance with project requirements through participation in regular audits and site visits.
- Providing an assurance role in the HSSE function – ensures that contractor teams have controls in place for effective management of health risks, ensuring they are understood, and mitigations or controls are put in place in a timely fashion.
- Establishing effective working relationship with the Contractor and HSSE Personnel to align on key HSSE improvement areas.
- University degree and / or technical diploma or Certificate in a Health-related field.
- Mega Construction Project experience in the construction industry is mandatory for this position.
- Minimum 7- 10 years health related experience with additional knowledge and experience in COVID mitigation strategies and mental wellness is essential.
- Prior proven experience working within major EPCM and Owner (Shell preferably) Organizations in the field of Health.
- Ability to work in a team environment but with proven ability to work independently and make decisions that are timely and effective.
- Very good organizational and time management skills are a necessary asset.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to influence without authority.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills – requirement for presentation and report writing skills.
- Self-motivated team player with ability and desire to take responsibility and drive workloads to effective resolution.
- Able to communicate fluently in English, verbally as well as in writing.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)