About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Mississauga
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Saturday, 9 October 2021
About this role
About this role
We’re hiring an experienced HR Business Partner to join our client’s growing team. This is a permanent, staff opportunity with a leading Lubricants manufacturer.
- Reliably performs independent Human Resources studies, analyses, and interpretations to draw sound conclusions and recommendations supporting HR and business efforts.
- Carries out the Company’s policies and procedures, understands and follows state and federal laws pertaining to Human Resources and creates all needed reports, spreadsheets and letters.
- Designs and develops new and improved Human Resources methods and procedures through partnership with the business, HR Operations, and Centers of Excellence (COE).
- Provides support of employee and labor relations issues under close guidance of more experienced staff (I.e. bargaining, grievance administration and Union Committee action items).
- Conducts through investigations of employment matters including recommended follow up under guidance of more experienced HR staff.
- Maintains, administers and coordinates HR programs and is recognized by peers and managers as having an advanced knowledge and ability.
- Coaches and mentors managers on the proper ways to navigate employment issues.
- Credibly and constructively challenges and lead the business and internal HR processes.
- Will be responsible for administrating and coordinating HR policies and procedures as needed by the business.
- Increased accountability for the delivery of base Human Resources services and supports the execution of the HR agenda at leadership team table.
- Looks for continuous improvement opportunities within HR base business and brings forward recommendations to senior levels of HR.
- Assists with the recruiting process such as initial screening, interview, offer letters (i.e. backup for Recruiter, handling background checks, etc.)
- Coordinates and handles on-boarding.
- 4-7 years of previous related work experience combined with demonstrated capabilities required.
- Deals constructively with problems that do not have defined solutions.
- Maintains a calm and productive influence in times of uncertainty.
- Acts with a clear sense of ownership.
- Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same.
- Builds strong formal and informal relationships within HFC.
- Leverages relationships to develop solutions within HR and the business.
- Admits mistakes, gains insights from experiences and reflects on how their personal style impacts others.
- Follows through on commitments.
- Builds trust through a direct and truthful approach.
- Advanced knowledge of general Human Resources principles and ability to apply this knowledge as it pertains to the company.
- Advanced skill level in Excel, Word, Outlook, and HRIS applications (SAP experience/exposure an asset).
- Ability to handle confidential information including .
- Ability to read and appropriately interpret information from multiple sources.
- Full knowledge of applicable legislation and employment standards.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of human resource program breadth including compensation, recruitment, labor relations, staff development.
- Completes objectives and delivers results that have direct longer term impact within the department.
- Impact continues to be tactical in nature.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Rory Lyden via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto