About this job
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Bridgeport
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 15 November 2021
About this role
About this role
Brunel is currently searching for an Installation Manager for direct hire with our client to support their Bridgeport, Ct region. The Installation Manager is responsible for the delivery and assurances of the transport of WTG components, marshaling and pre-assembly, port operations, offshore installation, and handover to commissioning, all in compliance with industry and company standards, and Health, Safety and Environment regulations and guidelines. All this from the Client's perspective; firstly, representing it in the negotiations of the Turbines Supply Agreement (TSA), and later to follow up the preparation for execution, installation, commissioning, and handover to O&M. The person assigned to this role shall coordinate within the project of assignment, as well as across-projects (with similar roles in other projects) to ensure delivery as per objectives and company standards (including but not limited knowledge transfer).
- Part of the Installation Management department within the Offshore Business- Expected to work with a large amount of autonomy and lead the WTG installation and logistics scope all along the project
- Analyze, recommend, and optimize offshore installation and logistic concepts and methodologies from early design up to the offshore campaign- In cooperation with Package Manager and Contract Manager, tender, negotiate and recommend WTG and TSA installation and logistics schedule
- Manage the offshore installation contractor, vessel supplier, and interface with MWS and Project Certifier including cross-discipline cooperation with Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, and other projects team personnel- Ensure Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental compliance with regulations, industry standards, and company policies
- Planning of WTG's transport and installation, consistently with other project areas, and implementation of the overall project plan- Cooperation for planning and execution of across package activities (e.g., site management, construction services)
- Reporting at project level to WTG's package manager- Assurance of Transport and Installation standards for the delivery by the contractor, since the contract negotiation stage up to preparation for execution, installation, commissioning, and handover to O&M
- Delivery of all technical, management, and administration tasks, including production of documents, attendance to meetings, reports, technical evaluations, specifications, alternatives assessments, site inspections, etc., as required- Coordination with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to Foundations Design and Supply package, Foundations T&I package, MWS consultant, PCA, installation analysis, project's planner, Consents, Maritime Authorities, Port Authorities, etc.
- Support the project with UXO (Unexploded Ordnance) and Boulder survey and subsequent clearance campaigns- Ensure delivery of and own review of all method statements and risk assessments
- Carryout HAZID/HAZOP for installation equipment design and offshore installation operations- Review Design Risk Assessments for specialized equipment
- To coordinate and own the other Installation Managers liaison with the WTG installation Contractor focusing on technical aspects- Ensuring the WTG Contractor’s marine spread meets the Employer’s Vessel Entry requirements
- Involved in the recruitment and management of offshore client representatives- Responsible for providing an interface between the WTG package and Project’s Marine Operations/ Construction team
- Collaborate as required in technical, management, and administration activities for the project and company's portfolio- Coordinating with colleagues in similar roles at other projects, and with Head of Department for assurances, use, compliance, and production of company standards, knowledge transfer, line management, etc.
- Production of regular reports- Continuous knowledge sharing including regularly updated Lessons Learnt registered with the line department.
- Ideally a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant industry experience- Demonstrable experience in delivering projects
- Experience in offshore construction is essential- Relevant experience working for an operator is desirable
- Relevant experience on WTGs installation for Offshore Wind projects is desirable- Appointed Person for lifting operations is desirable
- Relevant knowledge of Offshore Wind Turbines Technology- Demonstrable experience in offshore installation operations
- Working knowledge and understanding of UK and European Health and Safety legislation relevant to offshore structures and marine operations; Standards/regulations and best practices on heavy lifting, maritime transport, and offshore installation, especially N001/02 Marine Operations and Marine Warranty- Working knowledge and understanding of Construction planning/ Estimations/ Risk Management/ Management of interfaces of multidisciplinary teams spread across multiple locations
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT-based project management software- Commercial awareness of T&I contracts.
- Positions comes with a base salary between $125 - $140K based on experience and will include a 15% annual bonus opportunity. Full benefits including medical, life insurance, vacation, dental and vision along with a 401K with employer matching & relocation package available.
- We are building a new industry for the East Coast and providing clean and affordable energy that is sustainable for years to come. With strong and experienced investors backing the company, and a large leasehold for more projects
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)