About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Mississauga
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 11 March 2022
About this role: IT Server Administrator
About this role: IT Server Administrator
We’re hiring an experienced IT Server Administrator to join our client’s growing team. The Server Admin conducts advanced/expert level server related technical assignments and projects for the Information Technology Department. Designs, configures, troubleshoots, provides technical advice, makes upgrades and repairs, evaluates new products, and makes recommendations to address business requirements and improve workflow to ensure consistency and effective involvement of support resources throughout all project phases.
- Administers, plans and maintains Window Active Directory and DNS infrastructure.
- Designs, implements and administers e-mail messaging systems (Microsoft Exchange).
- Proactively ensures high availability of email communication systems.
- Resolves complex issues regarding operations, installations, on-line transactions, system status and downtime.
- Provides highest-level proactive administration for application virtualization software (i.e. Citrix XenDesktop).
- Consults regularly with management and end users regarding needs and requests related to e-mail, calendaring, corporate systems and applications.
- Designs and implements improved IT and business processes through automation and proactive reporting.
- Provides server administration duties including configuration and maintenance.
- Plans, configures, and installs infrastructure equipment including servers.
- Installs, supports and administers software and/or custom applications as required.
- Resolves issues at all levels and updates patches and maintains Company’s server infrastructure.
- Ensures all repairs, updates and other changes necessary are made to ensure maximum performance and supports various applications’ software platforms.
- Provides telephone, e-mail, and after-hours support to all sites using various tools.
- Manages, consults with peers, and configures virtualized environment.
- Assists managing Storage Area Network (SAN), and analyzes usage and trends.
- Writes clear, concise, and accurate documentation, including Training documentation and provides training (i.e., work procedures, how to guides, one-on-one questions and answer sessions with other department technicians, etc...).
- Analyzes and evaluates vendor products in hardware and software.
- Monitors system health, performance tunes, and troubleshoots virtualization software environment and evaluates all in-place systems and applications.
- Consults with business and end users to provide support and resolve application and connectivity issues.
- Documents activities such as down time, problems, and system configurations.
- Monitors virtualized server environment and resolves host system issues to provide the highest level of availability.
- Provides leadership and project management as assigned.
- Relocates technical equipment to and from an assigned location.
- A minimum of ten years of job-related experience are required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (related discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience (eight years) is required.
- Advanced administration, implementation, and support experience required in: MS Windows platform and MS Office Suite, virtualization software and Servers. Advanced working knowledge in either virtualization software or active directory and proficient in the other.
- Ability to document and evaluate current environment and use best practice methodologies to ensure highest level investment utilization.
- Demonstrated experience and broad knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology of project management, quality management, and change management.
- Experience organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors; ability to analyze projects and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations, and excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with others, both written and verbal communication.
- Will be required to obtain Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) in 3 months. Microsoft MCP and MCSA required.
Nice to Have:
- Infoblox experience is an asset
- Preferred certifications: Citrix (CCEE, CCA, CCIA, CCAA), Microsoft MCSE, Industry (A+, Network+)
- Additional support experience using Powershell and vbscript, TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, DNS and anti-virus is preferred.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Connecting Specialists to Pioneering Projects
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Rory Lyden via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto