About this role
About this role
On behalf of our client, a Global High Profile Service Provider to the Oil & Gas industry, Brunel are seeking a skilled Laboratory Technician for a permanent FIFO opportunity from Adelaide to Moomba, SA, 4 :4 roster. Interested candidates must reside locally in South Australia.
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for delivering safe, efficient, and reliable Service Delivery to customers.Performs quality assurance tests on company products, prepares laboratory reports prior to service delivery at the well-site and provides advanced technical support during additive selection and fluid design.
- Conduct Lab analysis
- Develop the competency level required to perform advanced additive selection and fluid design
- Ensure that laboratory equipment is in clean, working condition and that waste is regularly disposedPrepare technical presentations for internal and external customers
- Perform regular audits to ensure the laboratory operates according to required standards
- Assist the Design/Technical Engineer and Product Champions with technical support as required
- Perform risk analysis before each task or job to identify and mitigate potential safety or quality concerns
- Participate in Service Quality Meetings with customers and improve performance using action plans
- Participate in HSE and Quality initiatives
- Proof of 2-3 years Technical TAFE Diploma Certificate Chemical/ Mechanical or equivalent Diploma is desirable
- Must have minimum 3 years similar role experience in Oil & Gas or a Mining Laboratory
- Solid Laboratory Technician ‘hands on’ with strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Lab trouble-shooting and fault findings
- Able to follow directions on Company Policies, Service Quality and Performance focused
- Ability to learn quickly and translate the learning into practical solutions
- Strong Commitment to HSE is mandatory
- Competent computer skills in MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and work effectively in teams
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative and committed to continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and organised
- Prepare paperwork at a professional level
- Ability to work under high-pressure, learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
- Supportive team member
- Family friendly 4:4 roster - 12 hours per day
- Perfect for local candidates residing near Adelaide (FIFO to Moomba SA)
- Attractive negotiable salary!
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)