About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Canada
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Sunday, 31 October 2021
About this role
About this role
We are actively recruiting for Designers with experience in Mechanical, Piping, and Process design within the mining industry for ongoing project needs with our clients across Canada in both permanent and contract roles.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Deliver & Prepare layout: conceptual and detail drawings in line with project requirements. Work in 3D model environment
- Produce layout relevant deliverables such as design criteria, design drawings and reports
- Deliver design drafting according to layout design criteria developed specifically for the project as well as the defined regulations, codes, and standards.
- Maintain consistent design drafting standards across projects by communicating expectations and holding project members to account for standards. ‘
- Manage a team of layout designers against project schedule and budgeted hours
- Control and monitor layout budget hours and manpower loading and provide forecast
- Support proposal managers in providing input into the proposal and estimates
- Facilitate and ensure interdisciplinary co-ordination when developing the model
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures by adopting Quality Assurance and Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment policies, procedures and requirements.
- 5+ year’s relevant experience in layout and design drafting of Mineral Processing Plants within a large project, multidisciplinary EPC/EPCM environment.
- Gold and Copper commodities experience preferred
- Experience in layout design for studies and projects
- Able to design in AutoPLANT (3D) software or other software as required (Microstation, Smartplant)
- Able to use vendor data, drawings and information to develop and verify the model.
- Experience in brownfield, greenfield & international projects.
- Knowledge of industry or regulatory standards, regulations and codes relating to the design and systems for projects
- Well-developed written and oral skills
- Able to work well, either as lead, part of a team or independently
About BrunelBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)