About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 27 September 2021
About this role
About this role
Key Result Areas:• Ensure that EPC Contractor/Subcontractor policies and procedures for Construction Equipment Inspection comply with reference framework
• Ensure that mobilization of Contractor for EPC is performed safely and initial phases of Project is executed in line with Company expectations, including pre-inspection of Construction Equipment at Contractor facilities. • Support the implementation of the Equipment Inspection program including the direct oversight of Contractor & 3rd party inspections with collaboration from Lifting Supt..
• Ensure the IVMS systems are installed, functional and operational in line with manufacturer requirements, in support of the SHES group.• Provide direct oversight on the implementation of a workshop inspection program, including possible off-site workshops.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:• Works in a Project environment in which the incumbent strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performance by creating a culture that encourages every one to perform their best every day on every task.
• Works in a highly visible Project environment with large capital expenditures and significant schedule execution pressures.• Works effectively within established policies and procedures, participates in the further development of these to meet changing needs.
• Works in a dynamic team environment that has high expectations for flawless Project execution in safety, quality, cost, and schedule performance, which requires the incumbent to demonstrate accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.• Demonstrates willingness to tackle a variety of tasks in response to evolving business needs.
Communications and Working Relationships:• Interfaces among various Project teams, departments, asset owners on issues relating to the position. This interface requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility, and an ability to induce collaboration.
• Exhibits team leadership skills, integrity, interpersonal understanding, and self-confidence.• Must work in collaboration with Lifting Superintendent on Inspections.
• Leads by example and demonstrates the highest level of integrity in dealings with all parties.• Effective team player who collaborates well with others.
• Communicates concisely in written and verbal context; prepares high quality written documents including e-mails.
Problem Solving/Complexity:• Utilizes a systematic approach to problem solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness, and quality of documentation in resolution.
• Manages complex tasks to completion within time constrains of Project, with minimal guidance from more experienced staff.• Manages the resolution of problems in more demanding and less familiar situations using precedent and own acquired knowledge.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:• Makes decisions and solves problems related to a specific discipline/field.
• Establishes credibility with peers, subordinates, and supervisors.• Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice. Understands organizational authority and seeks appropriate line management approvals.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)