About this job
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Area of expertise: Study & Science
- Location: Toronto
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Master
- Closing date: Monday, 1 November 2021
About this role
About this role
We are currently hiring a Medical Communications Manager for our client who is a boutique consulting agency with a focus on the life sciences industry. This role is responsible for ensuring that medical communications projects (across clients) are delivered on time and in accordance with quality standard. The Medical Communications Manager is responsible for project and team management as well as the development and final review of all client materials. Although our client’s portfolio is large their specialty is companies who are launching new therapies or entering new disease areas and are looking for strategic partners. This is a full-time career-based position located in Toronto Ontario.
- Review and finalize literature reviews that have been developed by the team to ensure accuracy and completeness and meet quality standards.
- Provide mentorship/coaching science-related projects or topics.
- Final quality review and on time delivery of all client outputs to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Train and mentor the team in the development of medical communications materials including, Disease state dossiers, training modules, lexicons, core slide decks, global scientific platforms, therapeutic or brand strategies, client directed decks and presentations. Prepare session materials including session guides, pre-reads and slide decks and insights reports.
- Foster innovation among the team and seek out opportunities for improving our offerings to clients.
- Oversee regulatory review process and ensure all projects have complete and accurate referencing that meet legal/regulatory requirements.
- Provide oversight and review of graphic content to ensure that it is accurate and aligns with associated scientific content.
- Provide mentorship and coaching on graphic development as required.
- Prepare for and lead project specific discussions with clients (meetings/portions of meetings), with minimal leadership oversight. This includes preparing session guides, slides, having pre-meetings with the internal team, etc.
- Established as the key point of contact with clients on projects. Be a person that clients know, like and trust.
- Annual Business Goals: Revenue worked/managed – at least $500,000.
- Assume accountability to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to quality standard.
- Lead larger complex projects.
- Assume accountability to ensure that all project deliverables are met on time and to quality standard.
- Lead interviews with leadership guidance and input.
- Final review of interview insights reports.
- Lead and develop small project teams of writers and associates and contractors.
- Input into employee development planning and the bi-annual review process.
- Update of project management tracker (MONDAY).
- Training and development of writers and associates on medical communication outputs, the quality standards and client engagement.
- Identify opportunities for innovation within Medical Communications.
- Engage in the recruiting process – resume review, review of assessments, culture fit interviews and potentially skills and capabilities-based interviews.
- Legally able to work in Canada and travel abroad
- A comprehensive understanding of the life sciences with the ability to utilize this knowledge across different therapeutic areas. A Masters or higher in life sciences is required. (MSc., PhD., PharmD, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience in a life sciences medical communications agency setting with demonstrated client and project leadership experience
- Demonstrated analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team to execute deliverables within stated timelines
- Proven writing/communication skills with high attention to detail - both in a narrative style for reports as well as PowerPoint presentations
- Exemplary organization and time management skills
- Capable of juggling priorities to meet deadlines while retaining consistently high-quality outcomes
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Chris Kapusta via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary