About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Canada
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 31 October 2021
About this role
About this role
Civil - Electrical - Mechanical - Structural - Process - Mining
We are actively recruiting discipline engineers with mining backgrounds for ongoing project needs with our clients across Canada in both permanent and contract roles.
Positions may include (but not limited to) duties such as:
- Prepare technical specifications, equipment lists, material lists, drawing lists and files
- Prepare plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates for conventional engineering, studies and development assignments.
- Contribute to the delivery of multidiscipline engineering design by liaising with other engineering disciplines to coordinate technical information.
- Prepare design documentation including equipment specifications/data sheets, operation and maintenance manuals, tender documents, cost estimates, hours to complete estimates and project schedules
- Prepare, tender, evaluate and recommend equipment and services supply packages including HV Switchgear, Power Transformers, MCC’s, Variable Freqency Drives (VFDs), UPS, Generators, etc
- Ensure codes, standards and client preferences are incorporated into the design.
- Coordinate technical issues and required information with other disciplines.
- Perform quality control procedures.
- Work closely with clients to identify problems and implement solutions.
- Ensure reference material, software, and tools are applied correctly to designs.
- Provide guidance and direction to junior to intermediate engineering and design personnel.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering & active EIT/P.Eng registration
- Experience in mining industry - owner OR EPC
- Previous experience with project based work (Studies, Design, FEED, construction, etc.)
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)