About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Canada
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Sunday, 31 October 2021
About this role
About this role
We are actively recruiting Supply Chain & Procurement professionals with mining backgrounds for ongoing project needs with our clients across Canada in both permanent and contract roles.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Develop purchasing and contracting strategies and achieve overall best value supply of materials, equipment and services in co-ordination with the engineering team.
- Improve lead time performance within procurement process ensuring scheduled deliverables are received.
- Set up the project delivery schedule, outlining relevant milestones by obtaining and accurately documenting all relevant information by expediting supplier engineering deliverables received for review.
- Conduct meetings with suppliers, contractors and clients.
- Coordinate and prepare EOI’s and RFPs
- Maintain purchasing and expediting information related to the project deliverables, drawings, specifications and other documents by updating schedules and expeditor system modules
- Administration of the procurement cycle processes through the effective control of the pre-qualification stage, bid evaluation process, to recommendation of award.
- Degree or diploma level qualification in relevant field is desirable and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Procurement experience, preferably within the mining industry
- Experience with procurement automation systems for purchasing and expediting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to meet the challenge of tight deadlines and providing exceptional services to our clients is a must.
- Exceptional negotiating and networking skills
- A proven track record managing multiple projects simultaneously or a single project of major size and scale.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office suite including excel skills
About BrunelBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)