About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Western Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 84
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Thursday, 21 October 2021
About this role
About this role
On behalf of our client, a High Profile Global Service Provider to the Oil & Gas industry, Brunel are seeking qualified MWD Engineers for minimum 12 months ongoing contract work. Even time rosters available and competitive rates on offer.
- Provides technical consultation to clients. This includes mud hydraulics, Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) planning, formation evaluation, drilling tendencies, the mud system and BHA dynamics.
- Accurately completes all required forms, databases and reports (i.e. service vouchers, lost/damaged equipment, radiation site survey, End of Job Customer Survey reports, First Alert Database (FAD)/Correction, Prevention and Improvement (CPI).
- Ensures that all data presented to the customer is accurate, timely and meets the highest service quality standard possible.
- Ensures that expected and needed data and possible problems are provided to the customer.Properly tests all tools and equipment before, during and after each job.
- Identifies and corrects operational problems to prevent or minimize service impact.
- Ensures BHA’s are assembled as planned, including correct make-up torque, doping and handling.Aware of customer requirements regarding directional survey procedures.
- Interfaces with the Directional Driller (DD) to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct tool face references are applied.
- Assists in the evaluation of individual performance levels of onsite LWD personnel. Assists in the training and development of junior personnel.
- Australian working rights
- 2+ years minimum Measure While Drilling (MWD) experience
- BOSIET required
- MSIC required
- High profile global Oil & Gas company
- Family friendly even time offshore roster
- ASAP start
- 12 month ongoing contract work
- Potential for temp to perm
- Great day rates!
About BrunelBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)