About this role
- Support the delivery of consistent and appropriate cost management structures/tools/processes for the Asset Productivity project.
- Assist with the development of project controls plans for the Asset Productivity project in compliance with Downstream Recommended Practices and in alignment with Planning, Finance and Contracting & Procurement (C&P) processes.
- Assist the development and implementation of CBS (Cost Breakdown Structure) for the Asset Productivity project in alignment with IPA cost definitions, the estimate breakdown, and Primavera WBS (as applicable). Set up SAP Blueprint (Upgrader) with the project CBS and budget information accordingly.
- Implement cost control processes for the Asset Productivity project, which may include: capturing of commitments, calculation and recording of VOWD (Value of Work Done), cost forecasting/phasing and reporting earned value consistent with procedures. Establish cost report content and frequency, prepare and conduct budget holder reviews, and publish cost reporting. Support C&P group by providing detailed cost and performance analysis.
- Monitor the work hour consumption and associated cost of contractor activities against contractual targets such that potential deviations are identified, and appropriate corrective actions are taken. Conduct field walks or reviews as needed to validate physical progress and productivity.
- Interface with contractors to ensure consistency in cost reporting and challenge and review contractor’s VOWD, commitments, earned value, forecasts and deviations.
- Deliver accurate and high-quality monthly Latest Estimate forecast.
- Tracking and maintenance of changes/trends and contingency management: ensure that appropriate changes/trends are reflected in the regular cost forecast updates. Prepare forecasts and review with budget holder. Establish linkage between change/trend management and contingency management, perform the contingency drawdown and ensure accurate current status is reflected in cost reports.
- Cost reporting: generation of accurate monthly cost reports, including variances from the plan on commitments, VOWD, management of changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorization for Expenditure (AFE).
- Cost forecasting in EcoSys: participate in EcoSys implementation project by utilize EcoSys for cost forecasting and reporting as applicable.
- Participate and comply with all safety programs.
- Assist with the continuous improvement and implementation of standardized work processes for effective cost control.
- Stay current with mandatory training.
- Direct interface with mainly internal stakeholders, such as Project Manager, Construction Field Leads, Site Contractors, Scheduling team C&P, Finance, and EPC contractors.
- The ability to work in a flexible, diverse team environment, which is a collection of various technical disciplines, stakeholders and contractors at all levels of the organization, is essential.
- Must have a team spirit attitude, strong inter-personal and communication skills, be self-motivated and a keen attention to detail.
- Effective stakeholder engagement is critical.
- Effective utilization of SAP Blueprint and EcoSys.
- Highly demanding and fast-paced job, particularly during project execution.
- Maintain strong relationship with entire team during times of high energy and stress.
- Engineering/Technologist Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Engineer or equivalent experience.
- 4 years refinery or petrochemical industry experience in cost engineering/ cost controls.
- Experience in cost engineering/ cost controls positions.
- Works effectively in a team environment and builds consensus.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of Project Controls systems, tools, and practices specifically in the energy sector.
- Strong leadership, communication, report-writing, and presentation skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Skilled in using Excel, SAP, EcoSysPowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB250563
- Location: Fort Saskatchewan
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: (Petro)Chemical
- Education level: AcademicBachelor
- Area of Expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Closing date: Sunday, 26 January 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Cost Lead – Asset Productivity - Alberta
Confirmation sent to