About this role
We’re hiring a Safety Advisor for our client, a large Petrochemical company, to join their team. This is a one year contract with long-term potential.
- Administers comprehensive and effective occupational safety procedures, programs and measurements;
- Provides clarification on Regulatory and Company procedures and policy requirements as well as ensures Regulatory reporting and Compliance monitoring ;
- Develop and deliver communications to educate/guide internal stakeholders on the application of Health and Safety (HSE) programs
- Leads incident investigations, audits, inspections and gap analyses and recommends and implements actions to address findings
- Develop tactical plans to resolve routine and non-routine issues and concerns
- Work closely with all members of our client’s leadership team, employees, and contractors as well as represents HSE by actively participating with internal and external networks and organizations, including the Industrial Educational Cooperative.
- The successful candidate will hold or be registered as a Certified Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or have a Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Natural or Applied Sciences
- 5 - 8 years of experience creating and implementing health and safety programs and procedures
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations, and Code
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with the ability to provide instructions in safety and emergency response
- Passion for HSE performance excellence
- Demonstrated ability to provide feedback on performance to others
- Demonstrated effective relationship skills and strong team player
- Able to work independently and possesses strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven computer skills with excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products and SAP would be beneficial
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience in an industrial setting
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement