About this role
About this role
We’re hiring an experienced Plant Manager to manage all our client’s operations at the facility. The Plant Manager ensures the safe operation of the facility, ensures environmental compliance, is accountable for achievement of plant performance objectives and product quality, and monitors plant expenditures and budget.
- Actively manage the site’s day to day activities in the production of safe, qualityproducts.
- Performs hands on operator and maintenance duties as required – e.g. making batches, loading trucks, repair of equipment, etc.
- Provides motivation, guidance and direction in all plant activities.
- Approves spending and other actions.
- Assures product quality meets customers’ requirements.
- Assures product deliveries meets customers’ requirements.
- Assists at other plant locations when possible.
- Provides technical support for customers as required.
- Ensures proper staffing of the plant.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the site operations.
- Focus on Continuous Improvement activities/projects to support value-addition and cost reductions.
- Interface other internal personnel regarding safety, EHS audits and addressing EHS issues.
- Responsible for the overall safety performance at the site/plant.
- Perform routine daily plant walks to monitor activities and safety issues.
- Periodically audit work being performed to ensure that all policies, standards and procedures are being followed.
- Serve as the management representative for the site’s Responsible Care program.
- Ensure timely reporting, investigation, and corrective action for EHS incidents.
- Ensure timely closure of IMS action items.
- Assure site compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of site specific safety and maintenance procedures.
- Interface with customers, regulators, and internal personnel on quality audits, and on addressing quality issues.
- Serve as the management representative for the site’s ISO program. Represent the site in customer audits.
- Assist in or provide resources for quality investigations.
- Assist in or provide resources for corrective actions.
- Assure plant is maintaining requisite ISO records.
- Assure site compliance with ISO and NSF requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of site specific quality procedures Report and communicate site performance.
- Prepare periodic reports on production, spending, reliability, EHS, Capex, etc.
- Prepare and present same at periodic meetings.
- Prepare weekly performance reports.
- Prepare annual production plans.
- Prepare maintenance PM and outage plans.
- Prepare capital and period cost spending plans.
- Interface with sales and marketing to ensure site goals are aligned with the business goals.
- Review production orders and schedules to ensure material (type, quantity and specification) is available for scheduled orders.
- Provide site resources for maintaining a living production and shipping plan that is consistent with the business plans.
- Interface with customer service and customers as needed.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a related management position preferred
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in chemical plant operations and maintenance required.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to act independently and on own initiative.
- Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc)
- Travel required. Primary travel within region to assist with vacation/sickness coverage. Travel for attendance in Manufacturing Department functions as required.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Rory Lyden via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto