About this role
About this role
We’re hiring an experienced Principal Engineer, Hoisting to join our client’s growing team. This role is in support of operating hoists, winches, controls, electrical systems, ropes, conveyances, and attachments at the client’s site. The position is a key interface for operations and will provides significant input into future operations and maintenance strategies as well as RAMS and Asset management planning.
- Works directly with EPCM to support and assure their development of basis of design, scopes of work, specifications, technical bid evaluations, and award recommendations.
- Implement Owner requirements into Hoisting systems designs and Procurement packages including Engineering Standards, Design Criteria, Master Specs, Production plans, and Safety in Design.
- Work with EPCM and the Operational Readiness team to ensure Master Data requirements are included in the equipment procurement packages. Evaluate bids accordingly and ensure smooth handover to Operations team.
- Participates in HAZOP and other risk evaluation sessions with the appropriate parties present for relevant and high quality output.
- Implements the Functional Safety Management program with Safety and practical hoist management in mind.
- Support existing hoisting, winching and shaft lining operations.
- Interface with Mines Inspectors and other Regulatory bodies
- Implement design to ensure planned hoist availability and reliability for maximum production time.
- Develop the hoist systems maintenance program with the Asset management and Operational Readiness team.
- Leads the implementation and monitors effectiveness of improvement initiatives.
- Identifies and implements capital efficiency and productivity improvements.
- During Project Execution, support Construction in the fabrication, re-assembly, and commissioning of hoisting systems.
- Govern the management of change process related to Hoisting Systems and their interfaces.
- Ensure project requirements (safely / timely / budget / people / quality) are consistently conveyed
- Compliance with business level processes.
- Good working relationship with the EPCM, Suppliers and Equipment manufacturers.
- Good working relationship with Ops Readiness and Area engineers;
- Standardization through the development of specifications, with good understanding of risk /value/effort/cost proposition in standardization decisions.
- Documented implementation of the Prevention through Design program.
- Documented implementation of the Functional Safety Management Program.
- A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience and advanced knowledge of multidiscipline engineering and industry standard practices.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact and influence consultants and stakeholders.
- Experience/understanding of Hoisting systems design, operation and maintenance. This includes hoist, ropes, conveyances, headframes, lower tower, utilities, equipping etc
- Experience designing, manufacturing, integrating, construction and commissioning of hoisting systems for underground potash or soft-rock mining.
- Experience with oversight, due diligence review, managing or supervising EPCM work in site/construction conditions as well in as in office environments.
- Experience in utilizing data-centric, 3D model, and digital project delivery tools.
- Experience working with Regulatory and Permitting agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Operational experience equivalent.
- Experience in underground mining operations is required; particularly in Potash or other mineral / soft rock mining operations is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Design life cycle of equipment such as Specification development, Procurement, Vendor engineering and design approval cycles.
- Familiarity with Strategic Procurement elements such as standardization, equipment and spares consolidation, and Vendor management
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Jen Folkes via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto