About this role
About this role
- We’re hiring Project Cost Estimating, for a leading MNC to join their growing team;
- This position is based out in Bangalore.
- Experience: 2+ years Refinery or petrochemical industry experience in cost engineering / cost controls;
- Qualification: Engineering/Technologist Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Engineer;
- Experience in Cost Engineering / Cost Controls positions for portfolio capital projects;
- Working knowledge of a broad range of Project Controls systems, tools, and practices specifically in Oil & Gas industry;
- Payroll: Brunel Payroll;
- Duration: 6 months.
- Candidate should have strong skills in project services domain with experience in providing cost engineering, project scheduling, estimation and project management of large projects;
- Maintenance, assurance, technical support, and standardization of Upstream and Downstream assets technical data;
- The Projects Portfolio Cost Engineer scope involves supporting the delivery of consistent and appropriate cost management structures/tools/processes for Portfolio of small Capital Projects;
- Assist with the development of project controls plans for the portfolio of Capital Projects in compliance with Downstream Recommended Practices and in alignment with Planning, Finance and C&P processes;
- Assist the development and implementation of CBS (Cost Breakdown Structure);
- GSAP AFE set up (including funds release), BP and GSAP Networks (CBS) set up, Asset Creation in GSAP, Networks close-out , PO status report generation , BP/GSAP Cost reports generation, Time-writing by exception Monthly exercise, Productivity Reporting (weekly);
- Support implementation of Cost Control Processes: Embed and Contractor processes; Commitment capture, VOWD (Value of Work Done), Cost forecasting/phasing and Earned Value consistent with procedures. Establish Cost Report content and frequency, prepare and conduct budget holder reviews, and publish. Support Contracts and Procurement group by providing detailed cost and performance analysis;
- Monitor the work hour consumption and associated cost of the Contractor activities against the contractual targets such that potential deviations are identified, and the appropriate corrective actions are taken. Conduct field walks or reviews as needed to validate physical progress and productivity;
- Deliver accurate/high-quality monthly LE Forecasts for Capital Projects;
- Assist in the maintenance of Change/Trend and Contingency Management: ensure that appropriate changes/trends are reflected in the regular cost forecast updates. Prepare forecasts and review with budget holders. Establish linkage between Change/Trend Management and Contingency Management, perform the Contingency drawdown and ensure accurate current status is reflected in reports;
- Assist Cost Reporting: generation of accurate monthly cost reports, including variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, management of changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities for Expenditure (AFEs);
- Work in CMMS (SAP) and other Project Tools for Maintenance, assurance, technical support and standardization of technical data and documents of the manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations. With support roles on site engagement & technical & tools forums.
- Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100+ offices across 40+ countries;
- Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
- Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a registered company in the Netherlands with over 12,000+ specialists in 100+ offices across 40+ countries;
- The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Oil & Gas (Upstream, Downstream), Renewables, Power, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT;
- Our core services are Contract Hire, Direct Hire, Offshore Recruitment and Pay Rolling services for major OPCs and EPCs contractors.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Pravallika Mohankumar via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai