About this role
About this role
- Initial contract to end of 2021 – high potential for extension
- Tier one oil and gas operator
- ASAP start
An exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer Mechanical. Joining the Technical Projects Team you will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of mechanical initiatives / small projects on brownfields project engineering scopes.
- Steward and lead mechanical initiatives / small projects including development and maintenance of cost estimates; cost, time resource (CTRs); schedules; production of all engineering deliverables; stakeholder engagement and alignment; management of change (MOCs) for site execution, retaining ownership through to handover of the installation to Operations
- Effectively manage and control change – maintain communication with cross-functional stakeholders
- Liaise with Perth-based designers in developing design solutions for site execution work-packs
- Develop and drive DSPs (Decision Support Packages) or KDSs (Key Decision Sheets), as needed, to approval for initiatives / small projects
- Engineering Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience with Oil & Gas industry required
- Prior experience on the Gorgon facility being highly regarded
- Direct Operator experience highly regarded
- Significant facilities engineering project engineering experience
- Experience delivering brownfields projects in oil and gas industry utilising contractors
- Experience in working with production and maintenance teams on brownfields project engineering scope
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Good general computing skills including excel required
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal (English language) communications skills are essential
- Creative, pragmatic, open-minded thinking and can-do attitude are required to facilitate solutions
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Christine Collins via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth