About this job
- Industry: Medical devices
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Ottawa
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 15 October 2021
About this role
About this role
We’re hiring a Mechanical Engineer for our client, a leader in manufacturing, commissioning, and service of nuclear power generation equipment. This is a six-month contract position based in Kanata Ontario. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to build their portfolio and advance their career. Based on your experience I thought you might be interested.
- Provide engineering design and modification for mechanical system following design processes.
- Provide review and oversight to subcontracted engineering firms with preparation of mechanical related detailed design documents.
- Evaluate contractor proposals during construction
- System testing and commissioning of system on site
- Trouble-shooting and ongoing system support for existing and new mechanical systems
- Jump from hot cell to hot cell as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognized university
- 5+ years’ experience in supporting Mechanical process systems
- Experience within nuclear mechanical design and project execution
- Proficient with Solidworks and Microsoft Office
- Must possess excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all kinds of people
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functionally up and down the organization.
- Self Motivated, with the ability to work independently against objectives.
- Ability to think critically and take necessary decision for the business.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Chris Kapusta via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary