About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Saturday, 23 October 2021
About this role
About this role
An Australian engineering company with a global reach, partnering with some of the biggest names in the energy & resources sector, and providing project delivery and consulting services, delivering some of the world’s most complex and iconic projects. Renowned for working together with their customers in energy, chemicals and resources to bring together a global team of specialists to solve the biggest issues facing us today. With practically endless opportunities throughout the wider business, there’s no barrier to your potential career success. Whatever your ambition may be, think of this as the steppingstone. Join a company who is driven by a common purpose; to deliver a more sustainable world for future generations. Working together for a brighter, better tomorrow.
Join a leading EPCM team as a QA/QC Inspector on an initial 6 month contract based in Perth, WA with occasional adhoc site visits followed by a possible transition to site for another 6 months with view of extension on a 2 week on, 1 week off rotation.
- Undertake service and product verification and inspection
- Monitor, assess and report on the status of safety, performance and quality of suppliers and contractors providing goods and services to the Project
- Coordination of supply chain inspections and verification activities for key electrical equipment and controls.
- Using the Inspection Report provide accurate and unbiased reports on contractors’ works.
- Liaise with Project Expeditors, Engineers, Contracts Administrators and Document Control to ensure project documentation is submitted on time.
- Formal qualifications in Electrical Engineering or electrical trade qualifications.
- Experience working on mining/resources infrastructure projects.
- Experience within a Quality Department team.
- Good understanding of electrical (HV/LV/ELV), instrumentation and process control equipment and their applications within Australian process plants.
- Good understanding of Quality Management systems and procedures.
- Previous experience in supplier documentation reviews including ITPs and MDRs
- Previous mining and shaft experience
- Site construction / inspection experience in an appropriate discipline is desirable.
- Experience with inspection coordination for supply of electrical equipment and controls i.e. supplier factory acceptance tests
- The ability to demonstrate a strong safety focus and experience with safe working practices including JHAs, Toolbox meetings etc.
- The ability to write concise, factual, unbiased Inspection Reports.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills from shopfloor to senior management levels.
- The ability to work effectively in a team and to lead and focus groups, teams or individuals to obtain desired quality-based outcomes.
- Join an ASX 50 Global Energy Leader
- Your chance to be involved in some of WA’s most iconic resource projects
- Access to Brunel Member benefits, discounts and exclusive offers - Take advantage of a range of amazing perks through Brunel Benefits. We've partnered with some of Australia's top health, finance and travel brands to offer our members a fantastic selection of discounts and exclusive offers. Whether you’re looking to stretch your pre-tax dollars further through salary packaging, get a great deal on a leased vehicle, review your health insurance or book a holiday, Brunel Benefits has you covered.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)