About this role
About this role
Brunel have partnered with one of Australia’s leading EPCM delivery Service Partners to successfully recruit and place a suitably qualified QC Inspector for an initial 12 month contract position. The role will be based in Perth for approximately 6 months before transitioning to a site based role on a 15/6 roster, supporting our Clients site-based team.
- Undertake service and product verification and inspection in accordance with contract specifications, pre-requisite regulatory obligations and project plans
- Monitor, assess and report on the status of safety, performance and quality of suppliers and contractors providing goods and services to the Project
- Provide accurate and unbiased reports on contractors’ works.
- Liaise with Project Expeditors, Engineers, Contracts Administrators and Document Control to ensure project documentation is submitted on time.
- Verify the Contractor is in possession of relevant contract documents, appendices, specifications, manufacturing schedules, ITP’s and drawings and that they show the correct revisions and approval status.
- Ensure contractors maintain safe work practices and use appropriate PPE. Ensure all equipment is maintained in safe working order with valid calibration and that safe access and egress for all personnel are maintained at all times.
- Ensure the contractor has all raw materials available to complete the works and that they are suitably identified, stored and protected.
- An Engineering Degree or Diploma in Civil, Structural, Mechanical discipline or minimum ten years post trade experience in the mining, construction, fabrication or manufacturing industries is essential.
- Underground mining and shaft experience preferred.
- Individuals will require mining and shaft experience
- Site construction / inspection experience in an appropriate discipline is desirable.
- A sound understanding of materials, methods and processes used in fabrication, manufacturing and surface treatment.
- A sound working knowledge of ISO9000 management systems
- The ability to demonstrate a strong safety focus and experience with safe working practices including JHAs, Toolbox meetings etc.
- The ability to write concise, factual, unbiased Inspection Reports.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills from shop-floor to senior management levels.
- The ability to work effectively in a team and to lead and focus groups, teams or individuals to obtain desired quality based outcomes.
- 12 Months with view of extension
- Perth-Based for 6 Months, transitioning to FIFO 15/6
- Long term opportunity
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)