About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- Hours per week: 70
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Sunday, 16 January 2022
About this role: Rig Program Coordinator
About this role: Rig Program Coordinator
Seeking a Rig Program Coordinator to work in the Surat Basin, QLD. This will be for an ongoing contract starting in Jan 2022.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnered with our client who is one of Australia’s leading natural gas producers. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture, whilst they expand their operations in Queensland’s onshore gas reserves.
This role will be responsible for the day-to-day management, coordination, and support of the End-to-End Workover process across the Upstream Asset. The Rig Program Coordinator is accountable for the safe and efficient completion of the End-to-End Workover process coordination including: day-to-day operational activities, Control of Work / PTW oversight, and process optimisation , including supporting processes and preventative and corrective Maintenance pre and post Rig Corrective Work.
- The successful candidate will role model D&I behaviours and create an environment where different views and perspectives are valued.
- Ensure safe and optimal processes and structures are in place, supported and audited so that day to day tasks and activities of Rig Activity and supporting processes are managed and executed with consistency and with focus on process safety, integrity, operational and maintenance excellence.
- Ensure all HSSE risk assessments, operational and maintenance processes are properly and rigorously used
- Lead with example with a deep strong commitment to our values, code of conduct, safety, and the environment
- Apply our standards with rigour and intervene when they are compromised
- Coach teams and individuals to utilise their strengths and potential to deliver the business goals.
Position Specific Accountabilities:
- Day-to-day operational leadership and coordination of supporting teams, including but not limited to Well Operations, Upstream Wells and Gathering Operations and Upstream Maintenance, with a focus on building a team culture committed to achieving safe and optimised End to End Workover Activity, while maximising team productivity
- Ensures a strong focus on Operational Excellence, Maintenance Excellence and Production Optimisation initiatives within their area of responsibility.
- Focal point for embedding the revised End-to-End Workover process within Upstream and working with Upstream digitilisation to drive any systems changes
- Lead, coordinate, and monitor End-to-End Workover Activity, ensuring:
- Coordination of Operations, Maintenance and Well Operations from Well Failure to Asset Restart;
- Coordinate CMMS Data review and Work Order generation at Well Specification Form initiation;
- Monitor all maintenance of Well Site Assets Pre and Post Rig Activity, ensuring CMMS work closure is accurate and reported in a timely manner.
- Coordinate resources to support End-to-End Workover Activity in collaboration with regions and departments;
- Coordinate comprehensive and accurate inspections of asset prior to Workover Activity and ensure Corrective or Preventative Maintenance is completed to maintain asset availability post Rig Activity and to minimise Gas to Gas duration for Rig Activity;
- Coordinate Control of Work requirements including permits, isolations and overrides as required
- Coordinate Care Custody and Control Handover Process with support from regional hubs;
- Consumables and spares stock for well sites and equipment are maintained, tracked, and procured to required levels., and coordinate required logistics support for activities;
- Materials transfers are complete; and,
- Coordinate support services to promote efficient resource utilisation and removal of waste within the End-to-End Process.
- Acts as End-to-End Rig Activity Subject Matter Expert, is an escalation for production and asset issues as they arise, providing coaching and mentoring for less experienced operational staff as well as contributing insights to the WRFM team;
- Act as key Rig Activity focal point with other business units and key interfaces (e.g., Maintenance, Operations Program team, WRFM team, Brownfield Projects, Land Access, etc.)
- Undertake incident investigations, FIM reporting, and support causal learning workshops (as required)
- Completion of assurance activities (LOD1, A&A, PTW compliance, etc.)
- Experience in Production Operations, Maintenance or Heavy Construction
- Relevant trade qualifications (or equivalent extensive experience / demonstrated technical aptitude)Advanced troubleshooting capability for hydraulic power units High proficiency and exposure to working by influence and collaboration
- Strong understanding of Control of Work, including Permit to Work, Lock Out Tag Out Advanced production data analysis and computing skills (including use of Microsoft Office, Maximo CMMS, PI Production Data & Trending, ePTW, Document Management systems, etc.)
- Ability to optimise End to End Rig Activity process using available systems, data, and effective analytical skills
- Experienced in Emergency Response / Incident Management
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety, and the Environment.
- Commitment to Safe Driving Behaviours.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and lead a high performing team, supporting a diverse work force.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to Production Operations and relevant wellsite regulatory compliance requirements
- Willingness to learn and be open to change, promote continuous development within team
- Ability to focus on key operational issues and prioritise accordingly to minimise risk and maximise production
- Competent in exercising initiative and making sound judgements.
- FIFO role based in Surat Basin
- 15/13 rotation
- $955/day Incl Super
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Connecting Specialists to Pioneering Projects
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)