About this role
Brunel is an industry leader when it comes to delivering successful results for our client base across the Construction, Rail, Infrastructure, Mining, Power and Oil & Gas industries.
Our client is a leading Construction Contractor that is now seeking an entry level Safety Officer to join their team based in Perth, working on a range of construction projects.
- Maintain and update Health & Safety procedures to ensure they are compliant
- Promoting healthy and safety working methods and practices in the workplace
- Identifying, recording and reporting hazards, accidents, injuries and health issues
- Conducting health and safety training sessions for management, supervisors and workers
- Identifying risks and areas of improvement
- Stay up-to-date with the latest legislation updates and ensure the workplace is compliant with the laws and regulations
- Provide recommendations and actions to eliminate risks or hazards
- Ensure all Health & Safety documentation is appropriately recorded
- Knowledge of the Building/Construction Industry, the major players, demands on suppliers, building processes etc
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to make quality decisions
- Ability to think logically
- Ability to implement change
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to train others
- Ability to set clear standards for performance
- Conflict resolution
- Cert IV in OHS
This company offers a competitive salary package, mentorship from the senior management team and fantastic staff retention.
Please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence and due to the high number of applications received; only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested in this opportunity, then click the ‘apply’ button now and please note all applications will be treated with the utmost confidence.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)