About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: .
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 8 October 2021
About this role
About this role
Senior Electrical Engineer
Brunel Australia has partnered with one of Australia’s leading Oil & Gas Operators, to successfully recruit and place a suitably qualified Project Engineer. The Project Engineer – (Execution) will be responsible for supporting the onshore brownfield delivery team through the execution phase, including detailed design through start-up on JIC project.
- Roster: Perth Based (Monday to Friday) - 8 hours per day
- Long term contract
- Competitive Rate
- Member of the project team responsible for Perth based engineering support with primary focus on all onshore electrical design engineering scope of project reporting to the Electrical Package Lead.
- Work closely with the Electrical Package Lead and interface with other disciplines to ensure design quality and successful outcomes, including interfacing with discipline SMEs and/or TAs to address complex issues or specification compliance queries.
- Ensure that electrical designs for onshore facilities meets specifications and applicable Codes/Standards. The role will undertake, including assurance of such when developed by 3rd Parties/Engineering Contractor.
- Commits to and champions the development and implementation of a safe working environment for everyone on the project and the continuing establishment of an incident and injury free culture.
- Liaise as required with other discipline engineers, site based Electrical maintenance/operation team, project and operation support team, HESQ, Logistics, QA/QC, Construction, contracts et al. for day-to-day issues and support.
- Report to the Electrical Package Lead with technical issues, options and suggested resolutions to any engineering issues, vendor related issues.
- Minimum 15 years’ working experience with Oil & Gas, or similar industry, required.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Previous brownfield and high voltage distribution system engineering and design is essential.
- A strong working knowledge of the related engineering disciplines such as mechanical, civil / structural, and instrumentation is beneficial.
- The following skills will be advantageous for the candidate:
- Experience in design and operational support of high voltage power systems associated with LNG production facilities.
- Specific experience with 132kV GIS design, Power and Distribution Transformers, MV/LV switchgears, MV Emergency Diesel Generators, Power Management System PMS), Substation building design and integration, HV/MV/LV Power cables design and installation in a brownfield environment.
- Construction engineering and commissioning experience with installation and commissioning of HV (Up to 132kV rating) GIS equipment and associated services.
- Experience with protection coordination of HV/MV/LV power distribution network.
- Experience with electrical power system studies including load flow, short circuit, transient stability.
- Greenfield and Brownfield experience with Power Management system - SCADA and PowerMax (Generator control and Load Shedding), preferably with SEL (Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories) system.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Yamila Cabral via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth