About this role
About this role
- Supports COMPANY Drilling team offshore in the implementation and continuous monitoring of key aspects of the COMPANY Drilling and Subsurface Safety Plan;
- Primary function is safety compliance monitoring of drill rig contractors and service providers. Cover multiple rigs over a 28-day work rotation with the aim of completing scheduled and specific inspections of all work activities associated with drilling rig operations;
- Conduct formal rig-specific verification / compliance reviews of rig contractor and service providers on behalf of COMPANY Drilling and Completions Department;
- To provide training and coaching of field personnel in hazard identification and personal injury prevention programs, and elimination of HSE incidents during in field operations. These goals are achieved via active engagement and mentoring of all drill rig personnel and work activities as role model in all HSE behaviors;
- Manage the Drill Rig Safety action tracker and steward timely and effective close out of actions;
- Develop effective relationships with contractor and all service company leadership onboard rigs and provide support as needed to close-out actions and/or develop mitigation plans/strategies;
- Perform compliance monitoring of Rig Contractor’ Safety Management System. Ensure Contractors are complying with core COMPANY Safety policies and procedures, e.g. Life Saving rules, Heat Stress Management, PTW system, SIMOPS, etc.;
- Monitor and support the implementation of contractors Behavior Based Safety observation and intervention program (IIF or STOP cards);
- Cascade Safety focus topics, alerts, and lessons learned from internal and external sources;
- Participate in selective pre-job safety meetings to ensure all Hazards and Risks are identified; monitor effective implementation of JSAs in the field;
- Participate in routine, daily and weekly rig safety meetings with rig leadership, including contractor and service companies;
- Conduct scheduled PTW/JSA reviews and monitoring activities to assure implementation of Operations Safety Plan;
- Facilitate investigation of incidents / near-misses and effective implementation of corrective actions.
• P.E. and/or CSP, CIH designations a plus;• 10 years of field offshore experience in Drilling and Safety management.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Catherine Kay Turnbull via the details below, quoting publication number:
Catherine Kay Turnbull
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai