About this role
About this role
We are currently hiring a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our client who is a global medical aesthetic technology leader. This role will report directly to the Hardware Engineer Manager and be based in San Jose, California. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating new applications and features for highly sophisticated medical devices. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be working with mechanical component design, mechanisms, sensors and actuators integration, and robotics. This is an exciting permanent opportunity for someone looking to join a growing team, take on new challenges in a fast-paced environment, and apply their technical knowledge to innovate in a collaborative environment.
- Plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs for new products, applications, and features.
- Conducting experiments and evaluations to improve and innovate product designs.
- Design, document and release parts, assemblies, and fixtures for novel medical system.
- Work on iterate design concepts and mechanisms by rapid prototyping (machining, 3D printing).
- Integrate industrial design, select materials.
- Ensure products meet compliance regulations.
- Break down concept and large/complex problems into achievable and measurable tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience designing mechanical parts.
- Medical device experience is an asset as is robotics experience.
- Experience with SolidWorks design.
- Experience with lathes, mills, 3d printers, and manual tools
- Experience with rapid prototyping, including additive technologies, rapid tooling, injection molding etc.
- Robotics, mechatronics, or mechanisms experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical
- individuals and to work in a fast paced, high quality, iterative projects.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment; able to prioritize work and meet tight deadline.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office tools such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Chris Kapusta via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary