About this role
About this role
We’re hiring a Senior Project Manager for our engineering consulting firm client to join their team. This is a full-time permanent position that will allow the opportunity to put your knowledge to work every day on a variety of high value tasks.
- Maintain the consistent quality of output of the allocated project team, including alignment with
Company, Client, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Manage the project delivery and technical delivery by the project team through the course of projects and studies to meet the requirements of the Clients and their projects in accordance with the contract.
- Develop and maintain the various project specific procedures, work practices, plans, systems and
protocols to enable the project team to work efficiently and maintain a consistent approach and high standard of work.
- Manage the timeliness and accuracy of the project controls (reporting, costs, schedule, trends, change management) in terms of both direct and indirect costs in accordance with the contract and Company procedures.
- Develop and maintain sound client relationships
- HSEC - Demonstrate behavior and practices in accordance with company HSEC systems, policies, values, and expectations
- Project Performance - Manage overall schedules, budgets, and target deliverables to a
consistently high standard. Respond immediately to change so that projects are completed on time and budget, and in accordance with the contractual scope of work and services
- Client Relationships – Communicate immediately with the client on matters that affect the
project goals. Chair and minute Client meetings, and review minutes of other meetings held between the Client and other members of the project team. Manage the compilation and submission of the project progress report monthly or as required by the contract.
- Resource Management – Manage all members of the project team in the compliance with
applicable project / study specific requirements and current industry work codes and standards.
Chair weekly and other project meetings. Communicate daily with site based senior personnel. Recruit projects and construction personnel as required in accordance with company guidelines and approval processes.
- Company Management – Advise the Group Manager - Projects immediately on matters that negatively affect project goals. Advise the Group Manager - Projects immediately of any safety, environmental or community / industrial incidents.
- Business Development Support – Provide project support and input to proposals, customer presentations, and other marketing / business development activities as required. Prepare scope, budget and schedule for written proposals as requested.
- Engineering qualification and PMP certification.
- At least 15 years’ experience in various aspects of Project Management.
- Must have experience in the mineral processing, specifically with gold mineral processing experience within the African continent.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical background with a broad multi-disciplinary base in mineral processing plant /
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of project implementation, constructability, OH&S,
environmental and community relations issues
- Ability to achieve consistently high standards within budget and schedule constraints.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proven managerial-leadership ability.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Capacity to delegate appropriately.
- Capacity to clear thinking and planning.
- Capacity to evaluate work practices, implement systems and suggest alternatives and refinements
- Ability to work effectively without supervision with consistently high degree of accuracy and producing high quality deliverables.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)