About this role
About this role
We’re hiring a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our client’s Reclamation, Remediation and Risk Management (RRRM) group as a Project Manager. This position will report directly to the Director of RRRM.
- Oversee small to large remediation, ground water management/monitoring and reclamation projects.
- Provide direction and support to Environmental Specialists and Environmental Analysts (employees and contract staff) that have day to day control of the work and field programs;.
- Adhere to program budgets and schedules.
- Report project status including but not limited to:
- Spend to date versus budget.
- Forecast work to be completed, work completed in comparison to work planned, and
- Project performance and summaries.
- Provide training and mentorship to field staff.
- Provide training and mentorship to Environmental Specialists and Analysts.
- Provide mentorship to Project Managers.
- Provide revenue forecasts, detailed project performance review, staffing forecasts and seasonal workforce forecasts to the Director, RRRM for budget and planning cycles.
- Review and approve timesheets, vacation and training requests.
- Participate in committees and work groups for the development and improvement of templates, work process and implementation of new technology.
- Appropriately escalate issues to the Director, RRRM.
- Conflict resolution.
- Consult and engage with members of an expert, multi-disciplinary technical team for project support when necessary.
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in project management and environmental consulting.
- A University degree (BSc or MSc) in Engineering, Ecology, Biology, or Environmental Science or a College diploma in Engineering, Ecology, Biology, or Environmental Science.
- Experience with managing up to 10 direct reports of varying experience level (junior to senior).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing and mentoring senior environmental professionals including Project Managers.
- Registered member of AIA or an applicable Professional Association as a full professional or a member of good standing in training.
- Proficient with Alberta and Saskatchewan regulations and guidelines related to surface reclamation.
- Familiarity with Alberta reclamation guidelines and best practices
- Familiarity with BC restoration guidelines and best practices is an asset.
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
- Professional competency (sign-off) in a minimum of two of the following competencies:
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessments,
- Remediation Assessments (including spills and unintended releases), and
- Detailed Site Assessments.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Rory Lyden via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto