About this role
About this role
Seeking a Senior Well Engineer to work in Brisbane. This will be for a contract lasting 12 months initially.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnered with our client who is one of Australia’s leading natural gas producers. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture, whilst they expand their operations in Queensland’s onshore gas reserves.
Brunel are partnering with a major international Oil and Gas company to find a Senior Well Engineer.The Senior Wells Engineer will be primarily responsible to support activities related to Drilling and Completion team delivery for TGS and/or ongoing CSG projects on the East Coast of Australia. The scope of work will be delivered through a lifecycle model, delivering initially to a Wells Engineering Team Lead, but during the Execution phase, to an Operations Manager or Team Lead. Specifically:
To provide lifecycle support to the Wells team supporting onshore assets on the East coast of Australia, using the established Unconventional’s LOB ways of working to deliver the Exploration and Measure phases of Tight Gas Sands projects and support ongoing Coal Seam Gas activities. The successful candidate will also have demonstrable experience with mentoring and developing local talent.
Leader of Safety• Role Model for safe behaviors and advocate for safety initiatives
• Drive excellence in HSES through the engineering, contracting and operations readiness stage gates.• Include risk management in all aspects of the work delivered through the well delivery process. This includes planning and leading workshops such as war-gaming, contingency planning, HAZIDs and HAZOPs and Exercise-On-Paper exercises e.g. DWOP, Well Control Drill etc..
• Verify that all Contracts and Contractors implement agreed upon joint safety plans. Lead and attend site safety audits.• Follow up and where necessary lead investigations into HSE incidents or accidents.
- A graduate with 10 years+ experience in Well Engineering, including a good appreciation of the principles of petroleum engineering and geosciences.
- Highly developed technical skills with theoretical knowledge reinforced by practical experience. In depth knowledge of engineering processes, calculations, equipment and operational procedures.
- Previous experience working as a Senior Well Engineer or Supervisor in the Unconventionals environment, high-pressure tight gas.
- Previous experience with contractor intake and startup is valued.
- Previous experience with contract creation and management. Experience with Outcome Based Contracting is preferred.
- Previous experience working in Australia is valued. Proven track record of integrating dispersed and remote teams successfully
- Valid IWCF certificate.
- Competent use of wells software such as Wellcat, Compass, WEIS, EDM etc.
- 12 Month Contract
- Brisbane Based
- Mon-Fri 8Am to 5PM
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)