About this role
- Conduct all work in accordance with the Safety and Environmental Management System.
- Develop and execute the aviation integration aspects of the Safety and Environmental Program in accordance with Regulatory and Statutory requirements, and DND/RCAF Policy.
- Coordinate Joint Clearance for Service Use Certification.
- Ensure that physical and functional interfaces of all systems are identified, defined and approved via Interface Control Documents.
- Provide System Safety Engineering expertise to the development, documentation, and evaluation of deliverables related to the requirements definition, design, integration, and test of all shipborne facilities related to aviation operations.
- Provide System Safety Engineering support in evaluating Engineering Change to ensure that impacts, risks and issues related to design, integration, test, and acceptance activities are identified, communicated and recorded.
- Provide technical input to the Safety and Environmental Case.
- Provide technical expertise to Integrated Project Teams and Working Groups.
- Contribute to Hazard Identification, Analysis and Risk Assessment.
- Promote positive Safety and Environmental Culture within the Project.
- Support a culture of collaboration, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be a role model for professional behavior.
- Education in a relevant Engineering/Science discipline\
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the following fields:
- Engineering in large and complex defense acquisition projects involving coordination between multiple organizations
- Integration of rotary wing aircraft into warships
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers
- Excellent time management, and written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the below would be considered an asset:
- Product Safety and Product Environmental engineering for Naval equipment
- Joint Clearance For Service Use
- Release To Service (RTS)
- Application of military safety standards, e.g. Mil Std 882E, Def Stan 00-056/00-051 etc.
- Development of Safety and Environmental Cases and Safety and Environmental Case Reports
- Experience in ship construction
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Vacancy number: PUB241380
- Location: Halifax
- Market: Industry
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Shipbuilding
- Education level: AcademicBachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Sunday, 5 January 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Systems Engineer - Safety - Nova Scotia
Confirmation sent to