About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Trade
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 42
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Tuesday, 5 October 2021
About this role
About this role
Brunel are seeking motivated and skilled Electricians with rail industry experience to join a collaborative team in an ongoing site-based role on a FIFO 2/2 roster to the Pilbara.
Reporting to the Signals Supervisor, the role will involve ensuring signaling systems are well maintained by undertaking planned and unplanned maintenance activities, enabling safe operation and high availability of the rail corridor.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Scheduled and planned signals maintenance across the rail network.
- Undertaking maintenance tasks with competence in accordance with safe working procedures.
- Ensuring adherence to policies, procedures and standards to maximise operations efficiency.
- Modelling positive safety behaviors and reporting safety hazards and incidents.
- Reviewing maintenance procedures and identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Coaching and sharing technical knowledge with others.
To be successful for this role, you will have:
- ‘A’ Grade Electrical License and WA C Class Driver’s License.
- Western Australian residency with unrestricted Australian working rights.
- Exposure to the rail sector with an interest in pursuing a career in rail signaling.
- Self-motivated and organized with an adaptive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to lead and influence.
- High regard for safety with a zero-harm approach.
- FIFO 2/2 Weds-Weds roster from Perth
- Ongoing role – potential to be permanent for the right candidate
- Brunel Benefits – referral program, salary packaging, discounted gym & health membership, corporate travel benefits + more
- $70 - $75 per hour + super, working 12 hour days
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)