About this job
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: British Columbia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 50
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 16 December 2021
About this role: Site Project Controls Manager
About this role: Site Project Controls Manager
SITE PROJECT CONTROLS MANAGER
Location: Vancouver / Site, BC
Schedule: Rotation of 2&1 when needed on site / Initial time split between Vancouver and Site
Duration: 12 months with strong possibility of extension through to 2025
Reporting to the Manager, Project Controls, the Senior Project Controls Specialist will serve as the Project Controls Manager for managing and implementing project controls methods, procedures, and systems on a large CAPEX infrastructure upgrade project located at site in British Columbia.
The area of project controls includes the disciplines of estimating, scheduling/planning, cost control, change management, and progress reporting for home office and in the field. This role will also have a large component of integration into the overall Project Services function, including contracts, procurement, quality and risk management.
It is expected the Senior Project Controls Specialist on this project will have significant planning experience and will oversee the role of Planner/Scheduler on this project.
- Responsible to develop appropriate RFP criteria, define bid evaluation criteria, and conduct bid reviews of consultants and contractors in the function of Project Controls.
- Responsible for developing and/or reviewing project controls management plans, both internal and from service providers, specifically in the areas of: Scheduling, Estimating, Planning, Cost Management, Change Management, Progress & Performance Management, and Reporting.
- Responsible for the set-up and implementation of the various project controls systems, processes and workflows of the project (internal and with appropriate service provider input).
- Responsible for preparation and application of the project specific procedures and guidelines for project controls in alignment with the Project Procedures Manual (PPM) and project set-up requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring PDG Project Controls Overviews and Standards are properly applied and followed on the project with respect to Project Controls.
- Responsible for integrating the cost, schedule, change management and contract/procurement plans and activities to ensure alignment in monitoring and reporting cost, schedule and progress.
- Assist in developing and reviewing Work Breakdown Structures, Work Packages, Estimates and Schedules at each phase of the project.
- Responsible to develop the project Control Accounts as an integration point of Cost, Schedule, Resourcing, and Procurement.
- Responsible to provide support and interface with Project Accounting and/or Business Unit Finance groups.
- Responsible to provide timely, accurate, and in-depth analysis of project health with respect to trends and variances on the Control Accounts; provide root cause analysis and recommend corrective actions.
- Responsible to arrange and facilitate the weekly Project Controls review meetings, change management meetings, project services meetings, or any other regularly occurring meeting, as appropriate.
- Responsible for preparation of the project weekly and monthly reports.
- Responsible for preparation of all monthly project presentations, as appropriate.
- Responsible for performing project control audits on service providers, as appropriate.
- Support the independent review of project controls plans and performance for Setup Checks, Health Checks, or Stage Gates.
- Responsible for the completion and gathering of all project stage information for inclusion in the in-house project database.
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching project controls staff on a project, both internal and external.
- Responsible for developing L3/L4 resource loaded schedules on Owner or SERA scope.
- Responsible for developing and/or reviewing schedule submissions and basis of schedules for all project stages.
- Responsible for identifying schedule deviations on scope with package owner and working with package owner to identify and implement mitigations.
- Responsible for integrating subcontractor schedules into master schedule.
- Responsible for reviewing schedules for consistency, realism, and quality.
- Responsible for identifying critical/near critical paths and understands float usage on third party schedules.
- Degree or diploma in engineering, accounting, finance or business, or diploma in a trade is required.
- 10+ years of project controls experience, with preference to mining/industrial projects, is required.
- 5+ years of planning/scheduling experience.
- 5+ years of project controls experience in an Owner’s role is required.
- 5+ years of field experience is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management and project controls techniques and principles is required.
- Strong knowledge of the engineering and construction industry is required.
- Strong knowledge of Primavera 6 is required.
- Experience in Execution stages of projects is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Experience leading and developing teams is required.
- Experience using cost control software such as PRISM or Cleopatra is considered an asset.
- PEng or AScT registration considered an asset.
- CCP, CEP, PMP or other similar designations preferred.
What We Offer:
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Connecting Specialists to Pioneering Projects
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Jen Folkes via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto