About this role
About this role
- Tier one oil and gas operator
- Contract through to the end of the year with potential for extension
- 3/3 roster from Perth WA
Brunel are recruiting two Stores Assistants to support offshore operations with accurate inventory management onboard the client's FLNG asset.
Candidates must have Full Australian Working Rights and be based in Perth or willing to relocate to Perth at own cost.
- Supporting offshore operations stores assistants are responsible for:
- Support offshore operations with accurate inventory management and stock/sparesreplenishment on board the client asset
- Ensure materials for all work orders are suitably kitted with materials offshore prior to workexecution. Includes kitting of work orders from offshore stores.
- Review and approve/decline stock returns requests, ensuring no ‘contamination’ of storeswith damaged or incorrect materials.
- Working with materials controllers and extended Materials Management Team to suggestand improve materials management through continuous improvement.
- Understands risk management with respect to materials management and ensurespersonnel understand their responsibilities with respect to materials handling, segregation
and control. Includes chemicals, waste, marine and helicopter handling requirements.
- Responsible for stores workplace HSSE, particularly good housekeeping and overall safetywell-organised and safe working environment.
- Participates in the receipt and inspection of all materials from shipments and consignmentsrelating to Company operations.
- Participates in collating purchase orders, supplier’s invoices, packing list and/or shippingdocuments.
- Enters details of receipts and issues into Materials Management system.
- Ensuring compliance with processes to appropriately identify, segregate and handledifferent materials where mixing, contamination or degradation could cause undesired
outcomes – e.g. imperial and metric Swagelok fittings, carbon and stainless steel, moisturein electrical and electronic components.
- Maintains Materials Management computer system (SAP) to show details of stockmovement.
- Inspects materials to verify compliance with documentation in terms of quantity,specifications, quality, etc.
- Acknowledges receipts of materials in accordance with Company CP Materials ManagementBCD’s.
- Prepares materials receiving reports and Material Discrepancy Reports (MDR) for allmaterials received and submits to Materials Controller for further action.
- Prepares and issues, in accordance with instructions from Materials Controller and againstcorrectly authorized stock transactions, materials, spares, and equipment to Offshore
- Loads goods and secures in shipping containers to ensure safe shipment without damage.
- Participates with preparation of manifesting and Dangerous Goods Multi Modal.
- Enters issues in SAP and ensures that associated material issue slips are raised and correctlyprocessed and warehouse copies are properly filed.
- Carries out callout responsibilities outside of regular work hours as required to meetoperational requirements.
- At least 5 years of work experience in materials management within the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of materials management handling requirements for offshore helicopter andmarine transport operations including dangerous goods.
- Experience in receiving, checking, transporting, packaging, storing and preserving materials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SAP materials management.
- IMDG and High Risk Licence Forklift advantageous
- Able to describe the benefits of proper materials management (safety, costs and financialliability on quality) and implications to the business of getting it wrong (safety, delivery and
- Able to describe general principles, process and key activities related to receiving, checking,issuing, transporting, packaging, kitting, storing, prefabricating and preserving goods to
- Able to describe activities related to returns and restocking.
- Specific discipline knowledge (e.g. mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, rotating andstatic equipment will be highly valued).
- Understand the principles and concepts of stock level management and inventorymanagement
- Warehouse Storekeeper experience of 5 Years with a good understanding of the completeSupply Chain.
- A strong knowledge of Warehousing, Logistics and Procurement processes and practices.Has ability to work independently whilst being unsupervised and is a proven self- starter.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks subject to criticality and Operational demand
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Christine Collins via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth