About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Singapore
What is required?
- Hours per week: 60
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 21 January 2022
About this role: Telecom Electrical Technician
About this role: Telecom Electrical Technician
Our client offers an attractive compensation package, continuous development opportunities as well as a balanced work-life company culture.
The Electrical Lead Technician conducts the mechanical completion, pre-commissioning and commissioning and supervises the Discipline Technicians
In order to complete Mechanical Completion, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning activities in accordance with the project completion plan and schedule, he should:
- Understand his roles and responsibilities and to be compliant with
- Understand the project completion execution plan from the Discipline Superintendent.
- Understand Notification of Energization (NOE) Flow Chart
- Understand System Drawings fully and Walk Down procedure.
- Complete a Daily Report to ensure clear visibility to the Discipline Superintendent
- Attend the Daily Discipline Tool Box Talk to eliminate any hazards and negativeenvironmental impacts
- Preparation of PTW, JSA (Job Safety Analysis) / TRA (Task Risk Assessment) as applicablein GEMS
- Perform the Mechanical Completion Activities (‘A’ Scope ITRs) in close cooperation with theconstruction team in compliance with the project drawings and specifications
- Perform the Pre-commissioning Activities (‘B’ Scope ITRs) in compliance with the vendordocumentations and specifications
- Prepare and perform the Operation Test Procedure (OTP) under the supervision of thediscipline superintendent
- Supervise the discipline Technicians to ensure that they are fully familiarized with projectrequirements and safety Electrical Group Safety Rules
- Demonstrate the Constant Pre-Commissioning Progress
- Perform commissioning of electrical systems and equipment. Carry out fault-finding andrepair activities as required, in full compliance with the company’s Permit-to-Work system and the Electrical Group Safety Rules local Yard Safety Regulations
- Control/conduct Electrical Isolations in strict adherence with the Group Electrical SafetyRules
- In order to achieve As-Built status of documentation, conduct and maintain Red-line mark-up drawings for the electrical systems. Ensure only the latest revision drawings are used and old revisions are clearly marked ‘superseded’ or ‘discarded’ out the inspection, testing and fault-finding of Electrical Equipment Hazardous Areas.Ensure Hazardous Area/EX knowledge is fluent and current; in alignment with company and
- Utilize specific tools and test equipment for the system commissioning in a safe, competentand correct manner
- Maintain control and monitor the continued good condition and validity of company tools and test equipment
- Assist field service vendor to conduct the system commissioning
This role is vital to the safe and effective delivery, ensuring that electrical systems and equipment are in a safe condition and meets safety and technical standards
In order to maintain the completion quantities in safety standard with quality, you are to:
- Comply with the HSSE requirements of the company and the site. Ensure the safety and security of project personnel.
- Assess job related hazards during the development of safe working procedures and pursue opportunities to eliminate exposure. Attend the specified HSSE training and ensure direct reports are trained. Know how HSSE risks are managed and ensure that the HSSE controls for the activities/tasks are communicated. Supervise the safe execution of work and the implementation of controls. Communicate and practice in emergency response
- Engage with team members and contractor staff on HSSE in meetings, pre-job briefings, during toolbox talks and attend key HSSE events. Communicate a consistent safety message, resolve unsafe situations, engage and intervene on unsafe behaviour and reward good safety behaviour. Liaise with HSSE department for support.
- Work as one (Good team player)
- Competent English speaker (Speaking and Writing
- Should be computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Physically fit in order to adequately perform tasks
- Good understanding of construction and completion
- Sequencing Knowledge
- Technical background
- Desire to share knowledge and learn
- Always focused on Safety and Quality.
Education, experience and certification
- Technical College diploma in Electrical discipline or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years’ construction or commissioning experiences in the Offshore products and systems.
- Completions Tools (ECOM) including documentations
- PTW and JSA
- Competency of Ex Qualification such as CompEx Or IECEx COPC or equivalent training and significant experience
- Valid Sea Survival OPITO certificate BOSIET/HUET represents an advantage
- Commissioning test for power distribution such as HV/LV switchboard, HV/LV transformer, Gas Turbine Generator, Diesel Generator, lighting and small power, heater tracing system, UPS system.
- In depth knowledge of Electrical systems and control wiring and associated protection systems
- Knowledge and experience of electrical safety rules and procedure
- Ability to switch and operate safely medium voltage and low voltage circuits and issue permits to work identifying isolation points and location of earths
- Conceptual understanding of Commissioning for Oil & Gas offshore electrical equipment
Interested applicants, please apply using the apply button.
Due to the number of applications received on a daily basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Jason Austria via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Singapore
+65 6309 9591