About this role
On behalf of our client, a High Profile Global Service Provider to the Resource sector, Brunel are seeking a skilled Warehouse Materials Specialist at their premises located south of the river.
The Warehouse Materials Specialist is responsible for executing warehouse activities within the assigned Product Line or location and is responsible for inventory accuracy, physically and in the warehouse management system.
- Ensure outgoing inventory items are suitably packed and issued with correct and complete documentation
- Optimise warehouse bin locations to improve efficiency and safety
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping within the warehouse and in shipping and receiving areas
- Perform inventory cycle counting and support periodic physical counts
- Investigate and resolve local inventory and warehouse issues as requested by supervisor
- Ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and standards
- Operate a forklift or other materials handling equipment on completion of training and certification
- Ensure adherence to company standards and established procedures to maintain control over the physical product flow and storage at the warehouse and other inventory areas
- Document and label goods per company standards and local requirements
- Maintain timely input to the Warehouse Management System and ensure accurate stock transaction records
- Implement local strategies to reduce excess and ageing stock; aim for reduction of stock on hand and slow moving indicators for the assigned Product Lines
- Execute cycle count and periodical physical counts. Create and post adjustments and root causes, and reporting as per global procedure
- Review exception reports to maintain data integrity in the Warehouse Management System, including discrepancies between systems, unit price, aged open, failed and pending for approval, unmatched transactions, and inactive parts
- Execute and follow up internal field material transfers until final closure, ensuring quality controls are carried out and are compliant with the Product Line quality standards
- Aim for continuous improvement and regularly use LEAN tools to improve warehouse efficiency and reduce waste Implement advanced techniques to improve local materials management efficiency
- 1 - 5 years’ warehouse experience
- A current forklift licence is essential for the position
- Current National Police Clearance
- Sound computer skill (Microsoft Excel competency is required) with a high level of data entry accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Have a cheerful "can do" attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
This is a contract role requiring an immediate start and is an excellent opportunity for skilled candidates who are idealy seeking a role close to home south of the river.
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role – please apply directly using the ‘Apply’ button.
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)